Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

need help identifying this lamp !!

Pages: 1 7 replies

I picked this up today in my travels....at first it looked like a modern lamp but then a closer inspection revealed all the signs of a vintage lamp..there is no makers mark on it that i can see so i don't what company made this.....it's a pretty big lamp and i would classify it as hollywood regency style...it probably came from a hotel or resort back in the day.....the type of thing you see in a hotel room or lobby as opposed to a residence....but i've been wrong before. Does anyone know anything about this lamp or have you seen one like it before?? thanks in advance....

hundreds of members on tiki central..each one, ready to put their 2 cents in at a moments notice on any topic and not a single one has any info about this??? I'm sorry it's not a handmade mug or carving to swoon over...and if i had a new tiki product to sell you i would certainly be pushing it here on t.c.....but alas...i do not....all i have is this lamp....and no info about it from the one place i would expect info from...sob....sniffle...whine.....

anyone?? buehler??

All I can say is that I like it! A beautiful piece of Hawaiiana, but I have no idea who made it. Sorry.

Nice find Tipsy!

Wish I could help you out with more info!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

H
Heath posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 12:05 PM

A friend sent me this link to antiquesockets.com.
He does a lot of research and appraisals for collectors so he'll send me links to some of the more interesting sites.
I hope it helps.

N
Naneki posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 1:01 PM

It might be Myrna Loy. :D

OGR

Tipsy, Very nice lamp...I have been searching (and will continue) the closest (and not even close)I can get so far is a listing on ioffer...they think it is Shawnee, but unmarked. Good luck.

thanks all....i like that shawnee lamp....the style looks real similiar to the one i have....i'll check around and see if i can find anything on those links...

Pages: 1 7 replies