Tiki Central / California Events

INSECT SURFERS: Sat. Feb. 6, 9-12 @ Don the Beachcomber

Pages: 1 21 replies

J

Please join PLANET EARTH'S LONGEST RUNNING MODERN SURF
BAND
this Saturday, February 6 in the Dagger Bar at Don the
Beachcomber from 9pm to 12am.

They'll be playing 3 SETS and there is NO COVER!!!

The always lovely and talented Don the Beachcomber bar manager
and mixologist, Marie, and her staff will be making some of the
best cocktails available anywhere, and a full menu featuring Don's
delicious Pupus will be available until 10.

Come on out and make this a full-on Tiki party!

And remember, for those that really want to be considered
DTB Ohana/regulars, bring in one of your favorite Tiki mugs
to be kept in the world-famous Bamboo Ben Ohana hutch!
Space is limited an filling fast!

INSECT SURFERS
Don the Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321
http://www.donthebeachcomber.com

[ Edited by: JONPAUL 2010-02-03 19:50 ]

Surf at Don's?
Feh....

Hey aren't you in that band?

oh and thanks for posting the info.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

J

THIS JUST IN!!!!

I just received word that two very special Tiki Central Members will be attending this show at Don's
on Saturday night in celebration of their move down from Ventura county!!!

That's right folks...making their very first appearance at a social event since becoming 'locals' will
be none other than....(drumroll please)......Swamp Fire and happychi (otherwise known as Doug Horne
and Stacey Morris)!!!

So, come on out and give Doug and Stacey the warm local welcome they deserve!!!
Congratulations, guys!!!

Insect Surfers played at Chongolio's 40th in Santa Cruz a few years back. They crank out the surf vibe. Good times!

I wish I could have been there for that.
Because Randy is the coolest cat around.

and the Insects are my Favorite band.

Jeff(btd)

H

Can't wait to see infamous Insect Surfers!!! I can finally go to Don's without having to get a hotel room!

hey sometimes getting a room is a good thing.
:wink: :o

Jeff(btd)

Sounds like fun, Hi Stacey have not talked to you since the Oasis.

bump for tonight,

S

We'll be there!!! It's our first time to DTBC and we're so excited.

Don's + Insect Surfers + Lapu Lapu = an awesome Saturday nite.

hooot

WoooHooo! We are on our way :)

......I don't feel so good. Thank you Marie...
The band sounded killer. Good to see a lot of old friends. And the drinks were AMAZING as always. Good times...

So I finally remembered to bring my camera with a charged battery AND A memory card to the show! Good times, great drinks...sometimes these smaller or last minute TC gatherings are truly the best! Thanks Art, Marie, and Andrea for keeping our mugs full all evening! The Insect Surfers were great as always. Pics:

Bigtikidude

Crazy Al

Tiki Kitty & Happychi

Happychi & Swamp Fire Doug

Sabu eating ribs overhand

Trevor & Tiki Kitty (nice to meet you guys!)

Tiki Dudai & yours wickedly

Purple Orchid Dave and Insect Surfer Dave

TC noobie Jonpaul

Swampfire & WooHoo

Crazy Al

Happychi

Insect Surfers

Last night was all kinds of win.

Couldn't be bothered to take many pics, as I was too busy chatting up new and old friends, making sure Stacey didn't run away with the traveling circus on her first week in town, and guarding all our cocktails from Doug. Does Long Beach really know what it's gotten into, letting those 2 in? I think not.

Much praise to Marie and the Don's staff as always, and to The Insect Surfers for a great night of high-energy surf tunes!

Great pics, Jason! Good on yah for remembering to charge the camera, bring it, and USE it. We loved finally getting to meet you and Dannelle too. Hope the 5 minute drive home wasn't TOO unbearable for you. :wink:

Jason and Dannelle

Doug gets caught in the act of unsolicited drink sampling

Working the mojo

Cheeeeeeze

Jason is angered by our simple humor.

Stolen from Ookoo on facebook. I had to. Just look how [deceivingly] sweet it is.

H

Last night was just way too much fun!
Thanks Tiki Kitty for not letting me run off with the circus....I was close! Although I remember something about a boat captain (or so he said he was) offering to marry the 3 of us and you, me and Trevor moving to Utah??

Thanks to everyone else who showed up and made us feel so welcomed in our new "hood". Can't wait to have my own personal sippy-cup tiki mug at Don's:)You guys will be sick of me in no time!
Marie, the drinks were off the hook! Jonpaul, you guys kicked ass as I knew you would:) Thanks Jason and Danielle for driving a couple of drunkard's home. The 5 minute drive WAS tough Tiki Kitty:D I'm so stoked to live in LB!!
Let's do it again??

SF

Had a great time last night. Great to see everyone and nice to sit a relax after a long week of packing and loading up the truck. The hump on my back from moving is feeling much better.

Forgot to wish Dave (tiki bird) a Happy B day last night ... but then it would help to know it was his birthday, sheesh.

Insect Surfers rocked!!!

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2010-02-07 13:27 ]

It was nice to welcome Stacey & Doug to the neighborhood, and I finally got to meet Marie, thanks for the drinks!

I'm sorry I missed this. I love the Insect Surfers! Just a little too sick to go out :( I'm glad you two are closer now! See you soonest!

T

The Insect Surfers are always a treat . Especially with JonPaul slappin' the bass for them .Everything that guy does turns out excellent . Marie was an amazing host and bartender as well . She hooked up Cindy with a new mug and installed Cindy's contibution to the mug case also. Great to see Stacey and Doug again too .

S

We had a great time and it was nice to finally meet my Doppelgänger, Tiki Kitty (tho, in Tiki Central world, I think I'm HER doppelgänger!).

Our first time at Don's was fabulous. But, next time, we are getting there much much earlier! We had to eat in the "real" dining room and then come back for the imbibements in the Dagger Bar. Rebecca scored us a booth, finally (YAY!).

We loved the decor, the drinks, the band, the service and the clientele.
We will be back...

On 2010-02-08 18:11, spycygrl wrote:
We had a great time and it was nice to finally meet my Doppelgänger, Tiki Kitty (tho, in Tiki Central world, I think I'm HER doppelgänger!).

Whoa...from the pictures I just looked at, you're right!

Pages: 1 21 replies