Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Film contest - spot the tiki!

Pages: 1 9 replies

N

Hi friends,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I made a little short about optimistic futurists and neatO places in Los Angeles. There's a tiki in there, too! Perhaps you'd like to make a film and enter this contest. THANKS.

http://lamag.com/multimedia/vid/2010/designedfordreaming/

W

That was odd. In a good way. Like channel surfing and not hitting any sports or 80s sitcoms. Or dreams I have and wake up exhausted from.

I missed the tiki but that second person, the drunk guy trying to do a pirate impersonation, that was funny.

T

Woofmutt thinking its odd means it is really odd

C

Who is dat drunk pirate? Looks strangely familiar.
Nice job on the video...pretty entertaining.

B

The only Tiki I saw was the Bali Hai (?) Tiki mug the second guy had. I concur with Woofmutt (for a change) this WAS kinda odd!

N

Thanks for the odd compliment! Yeah, Sven has the hidden tiki. Not quite sure what that jewelry was around the neck of "lighting our way." I shoulda looked closer. Thanks for watching and here's hoping for the definitive 3-minute L.A. tiki story to be submitted for our contest.

T

Odd yes, but that's just what I expect here. I'm never disappointed. Great shortie;)

WooHooooooooo! That was Great :) Thanks for sharing :)

B

On 2010-02-05 16:23, nichols wrote:
Thanks for the odd compliment! Yeah, Sven has the hidden tiki. Not quite sure what that jewelry was around the neck of "lighting our way." I shoulda looked closer. Thanks for watching and here's hoping for the definitive 3-minute L.A. tiki story to be submitted for our contest.

Wow - I just got new contact lenses and didn't realize that was Sven - oops (but how did she see the mug then you may be asking yourse?!?) Odd compliment but NOT meant to be backhanded! - I don't spend much time cruising video sites ('cause my computer sucks when it comes to playing video) so maybe this isn't "kinda odd" at all! Looks like you all had fun making it and it was fun to take in the sites without actually going there!

That crazy Nichols! Always some funny project up his sleeve. I didn't realize I was gonna be joined by such illustrious and eclectic company in this hymn to Los Angeles. :)

Since no one has mentioned it, here is the origin of the song, an unmatched example of mid-century dream cars and design on film!
Lord was Amerika great!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNZHWwGhQOw

Pages: 1 9 replies