Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls/ Swingin' Tikis at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, March 13th

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

Tiki Kitty, those would be the LAST photos I was hoping to see....

So, Spike, does that mean that you DON'T want me wearing the pasties when I dance at this show? Because your last email specifically requested the pasties, thong and the hip boots (like we all wore last year in Arizona)

On 2010-02-10 11:46, lucas vigor wrote:
So, Spike, does that mean that you DON'T want me wearing the pasties when I dance at this show? Because your last email specifically requested the pasties, thong and the hip boots (like we all wore last year in Arizona)

Gaaaawd, I can't wait for this show!

Rubs hands together and smiles wickedly....

Wait until you see Dominic dance! He is a magnificent pagan beast!

By the way, if you aren't one of our 'fans' on Facebook, join up! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hula-Girls/81807891157?ref=ts
There's gonna be lots of cool things in store for the Hula Girls. Stay in the know!
Aloha.

boy this has dropped down fast.

Jeff(btd)

BUMP.... about two weeks till the show...

H

Okay...now this is starting to sound like fun! I think this is a no-brainer. Studded g-strings...I'm soooo there;)

Naughty Girl
:o :wink:

Jeff(btd)

Hey Spike,
what time are you guys(girls)playing?
and what time is Swingin Tiki's playing?

if its early,
everybody should swing by Don's after,
Jonpaul's band the Boardwalkers are playing till Midnight.

Jeff(btd)

H

My evil red-headed twin my show up;D

The Hula Girls are gonna be playing second... Not totally sure what time, but The Swinin' Tikis DO go on before us. If they start at 9, we'll probably play about 10 or 10:15ish?

Just had practice with Lucas Vigor, Mr Kevin (Tikibong) Bullat and Dom Tooch. Sounded better than ever!! Super excited!

Spike
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-03-07 23:50 ]

Tiki Bar show posters will be for sale at the show for twenty bucks each. All hand cut/ hand sprayed stencils with metallic automotive paint. You have to see them in person. They came out super cool... The show is NEXT SATURDAY night!

Reminder: The show is THIS Saturday night!

Yeah, I guess the bar has a limo... Not sure what that's all about...

it's not for the Hula Girls?
booooooooo

Jeff(btd)

Tomorrow night!!

These are the only reasons I'm Pissed I left the O.C. for the desert. I would love to be enjoying a cocktail with you all with the Hula Girls Rock'in out!!!
have fun and have a cocktail or 3 for me!!!!Dig?

bring on the lady's and bring on the screaming fans!!!!!!

This Saturdays show is recommended by Primo Beer.

Primo Beer of Orange County Twitter

And if Primo Beer recommends it, ya gotta go!

Primo Beer

This is going to be a great show! Dominic Tucci from the Swinging Tikis has done an excellent job putting it together!

Dom, this is for you! A picture of me and my elusive wahine (that you don't think exists!)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 12, 2010 10:53 AM

Bald guys RULE!

CA

definitely planing to hitting up Alberto's down the street after this one.... worked well after Swingin' Tiki gigs 15 some years ago!

Someone told me once that you got your moniker at a Swinging Tiki's gig, way back when?

I was driving by there yesterday and saw the sign!
I'm so bummed to miss this show!!
:(

Alejandros.... I think that's what you're talking about, Al.... I skate from work to there a couple of times a week. SO good.
We need to find a couple of songs tomorrow night for you to join us on stage with your coconuts...
(Hmmm....that sounded really wrong for some reason....)

Swingin Tikis and the Hula girls sounded great last night .Have not seen the swingin
Tikis play in probably 4-5 years, so it was great to catch to fun bands at one venue .
Good times.

Great show last night, guys! It was actually our first time seeing the Hula Girls and The Swingin' Tikis. We almost didn't make it, as it was a really long day, but you totally had me shakin' and shimmyin' within minutes, and we were glad we went. We were only sorry we didn't get to visit with you all more.

Los Mysteriosos has me intrigued. We didn't stay more than a couple of songs into their set, but what a stage presence that front-man has! We'll definitely have to check them out again on a better day.

Thanks for a fun time, and see you again soon...

Deanna

TM

On 2010-03-14 22:15, Tiki Kitty wrote:
Great show last night, guys! It was actually our first time seeing the Hula Girls and The Swingin' Tikis. We almost didn't make it, as it was a really long day, but you totally had me shakin' and shimmyin' within minutes, and we were glad we went. We were only sorry we didn't get to visit with you all more.

Los Mysteriosos has me intrigued. We didn't stay more than a couple of songs into their set, but what a stage presence that front-man has! We'll definitely have to check them out again on a better day.

Thanks for a fun time, and see you again soon...

Deanna

I saw Trevor!

Yeah, I'm bummed that I wasn't able to hang out longer. It was total business time for me that night. Super happy with the turn out. Thanks to everyone that came out, the place was packed!

Any pictures from the night? I know that there were a bunch of photogs shooting while we were playing. Might not have been TC members though.

Pages: 1 2 78 replies