Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Trader Jim's Kustom Pith Helmet by Tiki Racer

Pages: 1 5 replies

P

Sorry this took a while to post but I don't know where my time goes these days? Is that a symptom of being old enough to book a Saga holiday? I dunno...what I was just talking about. Anyway, how's this for a Pith Helmet guys?

A present from my dear friend Tiki Racer on my 50th and given/presented to me at the Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai shindig...WHAT A PRESENT...WHAT A GUY...THANKS TR!!!!

For the purposes of this post, I thought it'd best be shown on one of my Moai heads, as my own 'chiseled from stone' features might have be too much of a distraction. Sorry what's that Sian? LUNKHEAD you say?...Me? Moi? I?

The detail is really subtle, exquisitely understated and beautifully executed...Oh! Ark at me!! I think I might be turning into Melvyn Bragg!

The typically Tiki Racer exotic foliage and floral pattern are so damn cool, and of course there is the trademark Marquesean design that is ever present in his craft.

The Hibiscus flowers are sublime and the tropical leaves remind me of our Jungle Garden here at Tiki Towers! Before the snow obliterated it all!!!

I'm sure TR will be able to give us the lowdown on this wonderfully personal present that has already become one of my favo(u)rite tiki keepsakes. Hope you enjoy looking at the photos as much as I enjoy owning this awesome helmet.

Thank again TR...Yet another cool and original piece of art...and it's MINE ALL MINE!!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

PS. BEWARE ANYONE WHO TRIES TAKING THE PITH!

[ Edited by: POCKETIKI 2010-02-05 14:55 ]

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2010 2:25 PM

Too Cool on the pith helmet!!! The only think missing is a picture of YOU wearing it :lol:

Glad you had a fabulous birthday at Trader Vic's!!

That's just stunning! What line do I get in to get one?!

P

On 2010-02-05 14:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
That's just stunning! What line do I get in to get one?!

I think if there was one, it'd be the very very long one way over there my friend!

Pop back over to Trade Vic's as soon as you can Caroline and I'll model it especially for you!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

Looks amazing. Great work as ever from Tikiracer.
James you're one lucky tiki

We should have at least one photo of the 50 year old James wearing it!

Pages: 1 5 replies