Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

check out the rad shelf my buddy Tim made for me!!

Pages: 1 4 replies

hey guys,

my buddy Tim made this rad shelf for me back in october for my birthday. i'm just now getting around to posting the pics of it. and i know all about the white walls! i guess one of the downfalls of apartment living is not being able to paint :wink:

here's a picture of the whole thing. it stands about 4 feet tall on top of my bar/liquor cabinet thing. he carved out all of the faces one by one!

and here is a close-up of one of the faces biting one of the shelves.

Noland

B

Yo are one Lucky person Noland, that looks like a Beautiful tiki shelf and it looks fairly sturdy too, just don't tempt it with too much weight. (Somewhere here on TC is a thread full of broken dreams and broken shelves full of tiki mugs.) I Love the idea and the execution and all those shelf tikis are really looking Hungry.!

BTD

Very nice!!

On 2010-02-07 05:47, Benzart wrote: Beautiful tiki shelf and it looks fairly sturdy too, just don't tempt it with too much weight.

thanks for the heads up! i actually have it anchored to the wall which keeps it free from movement. now i have to find some wood to knock on...

BT

Wow, at first I didn't notice the shelf because of all the sweet mugs you have. Then I noticed the Tikis on the shelf blend in really well. They look sweet and biting the shelves is a great idea.

Pages: 1 4 replies