Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Cocktail bar palm springs , cA

Pages: 1 5 replies

MH

Can anyone suggest a good cocktail place? Vintage/savoy would be great given I don't think there is tiki here!

Thanks.

H

Try Melvin's Restaurant and lounge, old piano bar in a great setting.

J

Hmm, idk about a vintage feel, but TRIO is a good hip place to grab a drink, and then there's the ACE hotel that might have a vintage flair going on.

MH

Hey, thanks for the recs - we actually called it a night after a decent bottle of Gruner Vetliner at Johannes but these are on the list for the next visit...and there will be one (hopefully with the big band in tow!) thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, trio we noticed as it is right next door to the new Shag store and currently has several shag pieces on the wall itself.

Saludos!
Mr. Ho

This may be too late for you, but if you're into the big band deal or the old school Palm Springs lounge scene it's pretty slim now days. You might want to check out Bing Crosby's. I've searched and searched for that old town vibe in Palm Spings and I've yet to find any nightlife at all. I've been to Bing's and although they claim it's a "Rat Pack" type atmosphere with swing band music, the only thing I've ever heard there are trio acts that are so so at best. You also might want to check out the lounge at the Ramada. Believe it or not, I stayed there for Tiki Oasis years ago and there was a piano guy playing who has been active in the Palm Springs area since the late 50s. He was awesome. He had the whole late 50s early 60s lounge thing down to a tee. The crowd was mostly retired golfers (big surprise for the area), but he was great. He even spent a good deal of the time heckling the crowd. I haven't been there since and I have no idea if that guy is still there, but it's still worth a try.

MH

Back in phx now, but thank you all for the research feedback!

Pages: 1 5 replies