Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Sneak Peek at new Tiki God Illustration! DANCE!

Pages: 1 9 replies

I may be finishing this tonight. Thought I'd show a preview here. I hope to have these available as posters as well as canvas prints soon.

I like it Zero, has a "movie poster" feel about it.

Thanks MadDog!

T

I like it a lot expect for the people at the bottom have a different quality about them that don't fit. You know what I mean

Not too sure what you mean but it is still in progress. Would love to know what you think of the final when I post it!

I like it! I think what he's saying about the dancers is maybe make them more native? Hula dancer, Fire dancer.... that sort of thing? Sweet start.

T

well the dancers are not native and look to be wearing suit coats, plus the coloring looks like what would happen if you cut out the dancers and this was what was behind. They are flat unlike the rest of the artwork. And Maybe a little too close to that BIG fire. Can you imagine the heat that would give off.

Thanks for all the input. Yeah, I intended for the dancers to be almost total silhouettes and non-native. I hope the final pays off!

BT

I like the Silohette action there. And the dress code didn't bother me, to me it gives the impression that the Tiki God has a hold over the modern culture too, not just natives.

The silohettes are great contrast to the lit up fire area, and yet they really don't compete with the illustration of the tiki god which should be the focal point.

On 2010-02-21 09:19, Badd Tiki wrote:
I like the Silohette action there. And the dress code didn't bother me, to me it gives the impression that the Tiki God has a hold over the modern culture too, not just natives.

The silohettes are great contrast to the lit up fire area, and yet they really don't compete with the illustration of the tiki god which should be the focal point.

Thanks Badd Tiki! I did have the same thought as you as I was first sketching this out. That both the Tiki God and the jungle had a hold on these people who were somehow in the middle of nowhere. All somewhat cabalistic.

Pages: 1 9 replies