Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Humuhumu Roll Call -- Trader Vic's Emeryville on Tues 5/6

Pages: 1 18 replies

H

My Great American Tiki Road Trip will be taking me to Trader Vic's Emeryville on Tuesday, May 6 on the way down to the Tiki Oasis -- I'll keep a roll call here. So, anyone care to join me? Time is TBD, but will have to be nailed down by about noon this Saturday the 2nd (that's when I'm hitting the open road).

Humuhumu
cynfulcynner
Tiki-bot (maybe)
martiki6 (maybe)
mig
hanford_lemoore
TikiHula
TikiMama
Melintur
tikimonkey
dangergirl299
aquarj
Naomi
tikivixen
mrsmiley
Enid

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-05-03 14:22 ]

We all expect some serious picture-taking to happen on this here trip, you realize.

On 2003-04-29 15:29, Humuhumu wrote:
My Great American Tiki Road Trip will be taking me to Trader Vic's Emeryville on Tuesday, May 6 on the way down to the Tiki Oasis -- I'll keep a roll call here. So, anyone care to join me? Time is TBD, but will have to be nailed down by about noon this Saturday the 2nd (that's when I'm hitting the open road).

me! me!

--cindy

T

I'm always up for a trip to Vic's (just up the freeway - man, I love the East Bay!).
Depends on wedding plan craziness next week. But it sounds like a good way to ease into an Oasis state of mind.

M

Sounds good, I'm a maybe for now. (time & finances permitting)

Hope to see you then,

Martin

M
mig posted on Tue, Apr 29, 2003 7:01 PM

As some annoying kid would undoubtedly yell from the back of the classroom every single time--

"present!"

I'll see what I can do to make it.

~Hanford

I'm going to be there too, unless something crazy happens at work that day...

Have a great trip down! ...and I really like your website photos- great job on the decor!

We'll be there, remind me to have only ONE Mai Tai, ok? TV's is a terrible drain on my wallet.

Tuesday night events are always fraught with terror--I set the VCR, but how do I know it's taping Buffy? I need TiVo, my nerves can't take it.

I will be there, methinks.

Thanks to everyone for being willing to come out and join me, even on a Tuesday night. (TikiMama -- I'm right there with you -- I'm missing two weeks of Buffy, and right before the series ender!) Purple Jade, there's gonna be tons and tons of pictures taken through the whole trip, but I can't guarantee quality. For some reason, whenever I go out drinking with my camera, the pictures never turn out quite right....

Hanford, I was bummed you couldn't make it for the crawl, so it would be great if you can make it!

I will try to make it, too, buffy finales be damned! (thank god for VCR's)
just got word that work is sending me to merced for the day so not sure when I will show up...
Jen

A

Let us know what time it'll be - Naomi and I might be able to come if you all plan to be there beyond 8pm. I probably can't leave work to be there much earlier though.

-Randy

T

Michelle, I'll be there, and I'll have a little something for you! I was afraid if I mailed it, it wouldn't get to you before you left...

Also, I think MrSmiley and Enid will be joining us as well.

I'm sure Bruce will forgive me for speaking for him, as long as I remember to NOT put noses on my smileys :)

H

I'm leaving right now on my road trip! We haven't decided on a time, let's say 6ish? Would somebody mind making reservations? If there needs to be a change of plans, email TikiMama and/or Melintur, I'm staying with them Monday night.

See you guys soon!

M

Hello everyone! I had a reservation in the bar area, but I'm excited to report that the legendary Puka Room immediately next to the bar has had a cancellation and it's all ours! Woohoo! Prepare to enjoy a fabulous sunset over the bay (weather permitting) while drinking the finest libations in the world. Reservation is for 18 people at 6:30 pm under "Martin Cate". Feel free to come later as your schedule permits- it's ours for the night. I may not be there until seven, but I didn't want people to miss the sun. Someone find Humu in the bar and let her know. If you haven't had the pleasure of the Puka Room, don't miss it.

There are 17 people on the list at the top of the thread, including Humu. If any of you can't make it, please post ASAP.

see everyone soon!
-martin

Everyone please note: Please bring cash in small bills for the check. There are some of coming (myself included) who are trying to watch the budget in anticipation of Oasis and won't be having much or anything to eat. I think in this case, I would appreciate it if we could avoid splitting the check evenly. Seperate checks will NOT be possible. Full dinner menu and bar snacks/appetizers will be available. Thanks in advance to all.

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-05-05 18:24 ]

A
aquarj posted on Tue, May 6, 2003 1:14 AM

Unfortunately Naomi and I cannot make it tomorrow night. Just too much work stuff going on this week, plus I hafta get ready for a couple biz trips next week right after Oasis. Humuhumu, we hope to join in with the group next time you come thru town! And many of you we'll see in Palm Springs soon!

-Randy

M

Damn, Randy- sorry to hear it. We'll see you in a couple of days.

There's two more seats open. Post here ASAP if there's anyone else around who'd like to use them, or I'll be changing the reservation late this afternoon.

All the best to all,
-martin

M

The reservation has been changed somewhat. We still have room for 18, but we will be in the bar area. Look for the tables closest to the main entrance. Sorry that we lost the Puka, but there's still a great view, and it will be easier in the bar area to handle your own finances since you can pay for drinks at the bar, and get seperate checks for the tables. See everyone tonight!

-martin

Pages: 1 18 replies