Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Best Tiki Places On Maui

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to Maui for the first time for my honeymoon. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some of the best tiki places to check out. Bars/Beaches/Buildings ect.. ect..

My wife and I were just on Maui last October for our Anniversary. I personally found there to be some fun tiki spots to visit, but frankly most of the cocktails on the island are a bit lacking.

If you're in Lahaina, be sure to stop by Hale Kahiko. It's a reproduction of an old Hawaiian living compound, located for whatever reason in the parking lot of the Lahaina Center. Pretty interesting and not a huge time commitment if you're busy.

There's a bar in Kihei called the South Shore Tiki Lounge. Fun little bar with a little Tiki theming. We had a good time sitting there and relaxing.

Sadly, the Don the Beachcomber at the Royal Lahaina is barely in use anymore. I think it's a holding pen for their luau. The building is still nifty looking on the outside though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heylownine/4023169987/in/set-72157622582271496/

And I'd certainly recommend Mama's Fish House in Paia. Awesome atmosphere, food, service, and the best drinks we had on the island. Pricey but worth it, especially if you're celebrating something like a honeymoon. :)

kevin

[ Edited by: heylownine 2010-02-22 20:35 ]

[ Edited by: heylownine 2010-05-02 22:01 ]

[ Edited by: heylownine 2010-05-02 22:01 ]

J

We came to Maui looking for an organized snorkel trip and to go to Molokini. We were turned off by the large boats with so many people on them, and instead took a chance booking this trip after walking into one of the Maui Dive Shop stores.

Molokini was nice, the water was a little rough the day we went out, but we saw lots of fish and even a white tip reef shark! It was amazing to swim with the turtles, and they got to within 10 feet of us. We even saw some whales on the ride out to Molokini!

The service was very personalized and they even gave us wetsuit jackets to wear. They told us the water was 77 degrees and the jackets definitely helped.

Mama's Fish House for dinner at sunset is a must!!!!

Check out page 6 of this link http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=30919&forum=16&start=75

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2010-02-26 20:27 ]

Ka Anapali Beach Hotel in features this Tiki:

H

On 2010-04-27 22:21, christiki295 wrote:
Ka Anapali Beach Hotel in features this Tiki:

We're staying there in October! A couple of years ago we stayed at the Whaler next door, and would wander over to the Ka'anapali Beach's courtyard in the evenings for drinks and free hula shows. We liked the look of the place so much we're going over Halloween (to see the big parade/general craziness in Lahaina), and then back to Kauai for a few days.

WooHooWahine - your trip photos are incredible! How'd I ever miss that thread? We're hoping to go to Mama's this time - we missed it last time around. It looks amazing!

[ Edited by: Hibiscus 2010-05-10 11:47 ]

Here's a great website that Mauitiki put together... http://www.mauitikitours.com
Also if your coming to Kihei on the south side, youknow where all the best beaches are...:wink: come
see are little shop BeachBumz at Kalama Village across from the big whale at the park and same market where the South Shore Tiki Lounge is at...

Beachbumz, we're definitely checking out the south side this time - we missed it before. Mahalo for the Maui tiki link - looks promising!

On 2010-04-29 17:30, Beachbumz wrote:
Here's a great website that Mauitiki put together... http://www.mauitikitours.com
Also if your coming to Kihei on the south side, youknow where all the best beaches are...:wink: come
see are little shop BeachBumz at Kalama Village across from the big whale at the park and same market where the South Shore Tiki Lounge is at...

Excellent site!

Although not exclusively Tiki, these are my top 5:

1. Tropical Plantation Gardens – great train ride, educational, and one of the most picturesque spots on the island
  2. Kanapali Beach Hotel – Free hula after breakfast inside the lobby; and a giant Ku Tiki – perfect for a photo background
  3. The beach just North of Black Rock @ the Sheraton – offers incredible seclusion. Park at the hotel, and walk for a little bit.
  4. Maui Tacos- off the highway as one enters Lahinia. Very, very good, even for one from LA.
  5. Free hula, evenings at the Hula Grill.

Pages: 1 9 replies