Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

1940's Trader Vic's Pomegranate syrup bottle label giclee on canvas

Pages: 1 18 replies

This is a project I have had in the works for a while.I took an original label that was
never glued on a bottle and scanned it on one of my clients flat bed scanners.
This is a super high resolution top of the line flat bed scanner, the biggest consumer
size you can buy @ $8,000 .Because they used off set printing back in the 40's & 50's
when you blow up the image it pixelates and becomes very grainy even with the best of
scanners available.After digitally cleaning up the image, we blow it up to 18"x 24" .
Using high quality resolutions inks and quality linen canvas, this is the end result.
The canvas is stretched on a wood frame .After the ink has dried and cured several
days later the giclee is treated and clear coated with a special solution- preventing
it from cracking, peeling or chipping for the life of the canvas.The end result has
the look and feel of a painting .This one has not been framed yet ,however think of
how great it will look framed.The colors are vivid and looks absolutely stunning.

DISCLAIMER:
DUE TO THE NUMEROUS EMAILS I HAVE RECEIVED FROM TRADER VIC'S LEGAL DEPT ,I WILL
NOT OFFER THIS TRADER VIC IMAGE FOR SALE.I WILL HAVE IN THE FUTURE POST NEW PICS
OF SOME OF OTHER TIKI GICLEES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE THAT ARE NOT IN ANY
WAY RELATED TO TRADER VIC'S LOGO .

Aloha- Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-06-22 08:15 ]

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-06-29 17:21 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Feb 25, 2010 2:32 PM

Poly-Pop icon - DIG IT!!

Mahalos TikiG....glad you like it.

This Don the Beachcomber image came from a vintage postcard.This was only done as a
test to check the difference between scanning a label vs. a postcard .This postcard
was much more difficult to scan and clean the image up, maybe because it's a different
type of paper or print process I am not really sure.The original Don image was derived
from Don's rum bottle label.Don Beach later decided to use this image as a postcard that
was offered in the restaurant gift shops and at the cash register in many of his
locations .This is not for re- sale and was only done as a test.I believe the colors
came out bright and vivid.Another very cool iconic poly pop image for sure.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2010-02-25 18:11 ]

love the beach one, you should make them!

Amy

K

Bitchin' idea, Bill!

Thanks Woody, wait til you see the next couple of images I do...it will knock your socks off!

Those are looking great! Any plans on doing more affordable half size (9X12) prints on cheaper stock?

Tiki Tonga I will be doing several smaller versions, but nothing that small.
I will keep you posted on further progress.

Thanks for the compliments and orders.

Several new designs coming very soon that I think will blow your mind!
Aloha -Bill

Got mine and it is amazing, and well packed!!'

thanks!

Thanks Amy ....you're the best .

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2010 6:09 AM

On 2010-02-25 14:11, 1961surf wrote:
This is a project I have had in the works for a while.I
will offer this on a very limited basis to TC members only .I will be talking to
Trader Vic's about the image rights of this 1940's bottle label
Aloha- Trader Bill

Reading your post, it sounds like you don't have the rights to this artwork at this time.

Based on my research, this artwork was done in the 1940's and the artist that actually
did the rendering is no longer alive and Trader Vic's has not copy righted this old image.
Is this a concern Teakey or are you just stirring up the pot.I am doing so many different
images this isn't a problem.

T

On 2010-04-02 06:09, teaKEY wrote:

I will be talking to
Aloha- Trader Bill

Well, it sounded like a concern to You. and I'll take my question off the air

T

On 2010-04-02 06:09, teaKEY wrote:

I will be talking to
Aloha- Trader Bill

Well, it sounded like a concern to You. and I'll take my question off the air

No worries Teakey.

Thought I would update thread, since it has been over ten months or so .I have spent so
much time the past year working on the glass float lamps , I have not been able to
dedicate the time and energy towards really getting this project off the ground .
I have some new images, ideas, and concepts I think will really capitivate us all .
Hope to get some new pics and images up soon .

Pages: 1 18 replies