Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Royal Hawaiian Waikiki's "World's Best Mai Tai" In Westwood Feb. 25-27 2010

Pages: 1 1 replies

Remember last summer when Beachbum Berry was on the Big Island judging the “First Annual Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai Festival / Battle For The World’s Best Mai Tai” and Tiki Kaimuki was there on his honeymoon? Joey Gottesman was one of the judges along with the Bum and he’s mixing in Westwood this weekend. He'll be serving "The World's Best Mai Tai" That's a bold statement and we'll have to see about that, I think I’ll check it out tomorrow night. That's Friday 2/26.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2010-02-28 11:16 ]

Ok so I changed the name of the original post from ~ “Royal Hawaiian Waikiki's Joey Gottesman In Westwood Feb. 25-27 2010” because it turns out I misunderstood what was going on - Only the recipe for this Mai Tai would be in Westwood this weekend, not Joey Gottesman. After I figured that out, which was my mistake I tried the Mai Tai and it was a good “Island Style” Mai Tai, I hope it didn't come over in a briefcase handcuffed to someone's wrist because I’m sure almost everyone here on Tiki Central could make a better one. I also tried the “Chi” which was a very good Chi Chi. I didn’t stay very long but it was still fun.

The Worlds Best Mai Tai! :roll:

Pages: 1 1 replies