Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tital wave to hit Easter Island

Pages: 1 12 replies

Does anyone know anything about this?

Addendum, Wrong news scource.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2010-02-27 11:24 ]

Hawaii is preparing too. Best to our ohana in harms way.

I hope those Moai are deep enough in the ground but I'm sure they probably
have been through this at one time before...

They were hit with a big one in 1960. The Moai on the ahu at Tongariki were all knocked down by the wave if I remember right.

Must be a big sucker, they have issued a warning for us here on the Gold Coast in Australia, poor Moai's hope they are OK and there is no loss of life in general!
Trader Bob

Tiki's are O.K. on Oahu. Waves sucked. Then not much else.

CNN reports that there is no line at Matsumoto Shave Ice. I wish BJ Penn was always a correspondent for CNN.

All I can say is I've been up all night.... I think it's time to head to da beach..
Tsunami Warning Canceled!!

:wink:

On 2010-02-27 11:55, uncle trav wrote:
They were hit with a big one in 1960. The Moai on the ahu at Tongariki were all knocked down by the wave if I remember right.

I hate it when that happens.

cnn said a buoy on Ventura got damage from ...wtf?

The seagull on that buoy died Ben.

On 2010-02-27 15:17, SuperEight wrote:
CNN reports that there is no line at Matsumoto Shave Ice. I wish BJ Penn was always a correspondent for CNN.

Ya right! I was like ho dat buggah pluggin his website on top of being da guy who wraps people up like pretzels now hes the Hawaiian Dan Rather! There were some classic quotes comin from the Fox correspondent who was on his first day of vacation on the big island and said he was on his 3rd cocktail that hour (pre tsunami) and said he planned on getting drunk that night. Broadcasting at its realest is when shit looks like it might hit da fan!

Pages: 1 12 replies