Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Shirt Swap - Swap Names have been sent

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

L

Ok y'all its been decided to do a Hawaiian Shirt Swap next.

Rules -

**1 shirt for 1 shirt but feel free to send whatever you want or however many shirts you want but this is a casual swap so save all the extras for the next mug swap :)

***When joining up send me (regardless if you have sent me the info before)
Name
Address
Shirt sizes you can wear
Shirt sizes you have to trade

**Hawaiian shirts are NOT :
t-shirts
dresses
shorts
tank tops

They are either with tiki or without , vintage or new, and if they say either Jimmy Buffet or Tommy Bahama on them keep them for yourself!

**Since these puppies are going to be cheap we are swapping international

**enter as many times as you wish - lets make this a huge logistical nightmare for me!! lol

**when posting pics it would be AWESOME to post one of you wearing the shirt so we can not only match names to faces but ooh and ahh over the awesomeness of the swap

***LAST DAY TO JOIN UP IS APRIL 1---I will match everyone that week and the swap by date is April 15

Anyone think of anything else let me know

Lets get some shirt swapping started!!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-04-05 11:21 ]

TT

I'm in! I'll look in my stash and see what sizes I have...L and XL for sure to send. I'll get you the info soon!

:drink:
Tacky

I'm in too! Sounds like fun!!! (but not for you...I think you might be overwhelmed!!)

Nice meeting you at the Tikiyaki NorCal Lei-Over!

Aloha!
Kahili Tiki

I'm in

AND I'm willing to help with coordination (although I don't know what the hell we're s'posed to do to make this work).

Z

I am IN!!
~I will send a PM with my info, thought I'd enter a couple of times.
Keepin' ya posted,
~Zero

L

I think it wont be too hard to organize. Just if you are willing to trade 10 shirts keep in mind you will get 10 different tradee names!

I am an Excel spreadsheet addict...thank god since its going to come in handy here!

I'm in! Give me a couple of days to figure out what I'm trading, but I'm definitely IN!

I'm in x2.

Cheers,
Joe.

L

I am going to have to bump this thread a lot I can tell.........

:)

I'm in!

Z

Bumpitty bump

I'm in!

bumping it now to avoid the christmas rush

L

I hope more people sign up.....I got all these pms about wanting to do a non-mug swap now so you people better start throwing your hats into the ring :wink:

I'll throw my hat in the ring (and some shirts in the mail).

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2010-03-13 09:29 ]

OK, I'm in. But I going to include a postcard, matchbook, swizzle or something with the shirt.

DC

Z

bump

Hey, where are all the peeps who said they had really cool shirts but they don't fit them??? And would be up for a trade???? Geez.....put down the rum bottle and sign up already!!!!!

:drink:
Tacky

So we've got about 12 of the coolest, tiki shirt collectors around, lookin' to have a little trade... n-n-n-nice! By which I mean, we've enough for a fun swap and I can't wait to pick something out something for my swapee!

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2010-03-27 04:46 ]

L

I have been slacking on the organization of this...but please sign up suckas!

Think...new (old) shirts for Oasis.....and all you have to do is swap!

T

OK, I'm in for this swap!

PMed you leleliz, I am in.

Time sa runnin' out! Just picked up a terrific vintage shirt today... medium, I can't wear it...

... nice fabric, don't cha think?

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2010-03-30 04:55 ]

L

Ok so if you want to join in some shirt swapping fun please sign up :)

So far its :

Leleliz
Sweet Daddy Tiki (x2)
TikiPops
Pikeys Dog (x2)
Silverline
Haole'akamai
Tobunga
Tacky Tiki
Bongo Bungalow
Atomic Tiki Punk
Dusty Cajun
Kahili Tiki
ZeroTiki (x4)
House of Ku

So not as huge as the mug swaps but still plenty of folks for some fun with room for more.

If you have not already done so please pM me with the sizes you are trading and the ones you are requesting. Also if you werent part of the the mug swaps please send me your shipping address too.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-04-02 18:07 ]

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-04-02 23:16 ]

Z

I am in for 4 shirts, right?

If not, I would like to swap Four shirts, please.
:D
~Zero

if that is too many I'll do 2 shirts...

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-01 12:11 ]

Z

...........and bump.

L

hey Zero you are in for 4.

I will make sure everyone who sent me info on how many shirts they want to swap get the right number.

I have had a stressful week (it was month end and i do accounting) so I need a spreadsheet break until tomorrow :)

Last call for swappers.....names will be sent out tomorrow by late afternoon i am thinking.

Thanks for doing this Liz! You're the best!

Yes Liz, THANKS for all you're doing for this! Really looking forward to seeing what everybody gets!

Z

Agreed! Liz is the bestest!!

L

Just wanted you all to know that if you wear a size 2XL that you most likely will NOT be getting a shirt you can button up.

The amount of larger shirts out there to swap is off by a lot.

If a 2XL shirt is not available you will be getting an XL and if that is not available you will be getting a L

Just wanted you to know so you arent surprised.

I think 2 of you have not received your swapping partners names...and that is because I am waiting on addresses.

Please try and send your shirt by Friday of this week.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy what they get!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-04-04 15:45 ]

Hi,

If this is the case with the shirts then I'm afraid the trade is a bust for me...

I cant see the point in trading off shirts blind for ones that will not fit.

Please advise anyone sending shirts to me that i can no longer take part due to this.

If the shirts have already been mailed I will ship them back to the sender at my own expense.

I don't want to screw the trade up, but anything less than 2xl is of no use to me.

Pikeys Dog, sorry to hear that you're out. I guess we didn't get enough traders to accommodate everybody. You were not one of my trades.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2010-04-05 10:43 ]

L

The 2 people i assigned with Pikeys Dog's trades I have pm'd you and will send you new traders tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

Z

Bummer! :(

Maybe I'll send you a consolation prize, instead.
~Zero

Any shirts get to "wear" there going? yet.

Z

AWE----SOME!!!!!

The shirt has landed!

pic of me in my new fab shirt....

SilverLine, you so rock!
~Zero

P.S.-Pilkey's Dog, you will get a something... I can't bear to see you come out empty handed. The spirit of aloha lives!

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-12 15:24 ]

Glad you like it!

T

Sent off my 2 trades today. I received one of mine on Saturday. I'll post pictures later.

Z

The aloha just keeps a swingin!!!!

A rokin' shirt, AND 2 Beachcomber swizzles!!

Tiki Pops, you are the TOPS!

I got one of my trades from TikiPops yesterday and I LOVE it! Should have photos this evening. THANKS!!!

L

Please everyone try to get your shirts out by like next Friday or so. I know I said by today but I personally have a few to send and have to wait until next week to get them out.

Thanks!

Z

I would just like to thank leleliz again for being the source of this particular brand of shirty goodness.

"Thanks again leleliz, for being the source of this particular brand of shirty goodnes!!"
:wink:
~Zero

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

...Amazing. I can't spell at all this morning... Must be the rum.

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-15 09:44 ]

Yes, Liz has been kinda shirty about all this, Thanks Liz! :wink:

L

You guys ...quit giving me so much shirt!

:)

I for one could use more Shirt, just not the same Bull Shirt!

T

Got my cool swap package with lotsa goodies from Atomic Tiki Punk!

An awesome green shirt, plus lots of swizzles and some coasters, some stickers, paper parasols (can never have too many of those!), a great Big Toe print (signed, no less!) a cool palstic octopus, and to top it all off, a 2-disc DVD of Big Trouble in Little China! (I'm watchin' that tonite!)

Mucho Mahalos, Atomic Tiki Punk!

Hope you dig it! I really liked the shirt.

Pages: 1 2 65 replies