Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

nuKKe and G go Barcelona 5-9/2/2010

Pages: 1 5 replies

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2010 4:33 AM

So we semi-spontaneously booked a weekend deal in Barcelona, our first time in the city.

We checked out Critiki and we'll most definitely check out Kahala and most likely pay a visit to the Aloha and the Kahiki, both within a walking distance from our hotel.
We'd love to buy some Porcelan Pavon mugs and bowls and hit the markets for tiki. Any tips and recommendations in this field?

Thanks,
nuKKe.

have a fun trip,
I'm Jealous.

Jeff(btd)

N
nuKKe posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2010 1:54 PM

Thanks Jeff.
Well, at least you don't have to get your passport stamped before hitting a tiki bar.

Hello,

I was in Barcelona a year ago, and I hit up all three, Kahala, Aloha, and Kahiki. I guess the only recommendation is don't bother purchasing any of the mugs from the bars themselves. They charge about 30-60 euro each, which is a significant markup from the restaurant supply catalog, I'm told. All three bars use the same mugs.

Otherwise, all I can say is enjoy your time in Barcelona and one of my best meals I had there was the shrimp at Bar Central at La Boqueria market off of La Rambla.

Here's a picture from Aloha

[ Edited by: paranoid123 2010-03-14 15:38 ]

Barcelona is great for the tiki bars. It's great for the architecture.

For the love of all that is holy, don't make the mistake of eating anywhere near Las Ramblas (or any other heavily touristed location) unless someone you trust has guided you there. The food there is all for tourists and you'd be better off eating Rice a Roni Spanish rice than the overpriced slop they call paella around there. It also tends to get pretty skeezy at night, but then some folks are into that. :)

Enjoy.

• fm
Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Jun 11, 2010 9:27 PM

BUMP! Update please...

Pages: 1 5 replies