Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is it a mug or....

Pages: 1 12 replies

Ok, I found this a while ago at a small antique store and passed on it. They had 2 of them, one listed as a parrot mug, the other tagged in a differnt handwriting, parrot vase......

yeah so I finaly broke down and bought one.....any ideas anyone on what it might realy be ????

B

Looks kinda like the Hawaiian Cottage Parrot mug by OMC... minus the fancy paint and name.. glaze reminds me of something DAGA would do though...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1796

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2010-03-04 19:58 ]

Yeah it reminds me of the regular Omc parrots that we all know and love but with the brown over yellow glaze. There is a address of some kind on the bottom, but it's not clear enough to read any of it. Same size as the OMC peanut mug exactly. hmmmmm. looking at the pic of the OMC, The lines on the mug look to match to. Question is it a copy of the OMC or a orig.??
good Potted Parrot drink mug

[ Edited by: ka'lenatiki 2010-03-04 20:46 ]

S

The glaze looks just like a Fire Hut Mfg. mug I have, made for the Kon-Tiki in Tucson.

Any idea who made this solid yellow parrot mug? It appears to be the same mold from the Hawaiian Cottage parrot and I know OMC made them.I know it is not the newer Dynasty Wholesale do to the crazing on the bottom and the quality of the glaze.
So do you guys think it is the same as above? It was also advertised as a vase but I'm sure it's a mug.
Mahalo

[ Edited by: martinisandmore 2014-03-18 19:26 ]

T

Looks kinda like the Hawaiian Cottage Parrot mug by OMC... minus the fancy paint and name.. glaze reminds me of something DAGA would do though...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=1796

Yeah it reminds me of the regular Omc parrots that we all know and love but with the yellow glaze.

Here's a closer look at the vintage OMC Hawaiian Cottage mug for comparison. The vintage mug has a concave bottom that is a full one inch deep. Underglaze marked and stands 7 1/2" tall. The vintage mug is very thin walled and is easily broken. Here are some pics.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2014-03-19 15:59 ]

On 2014-03-19 15:56, uncle trav wrote:

Things are getting serious when Trav breaks out the ruler! :wink:

Yep, seriously bored :D

A

I say 'seriously informative' Uncle Trav! :)

whether its a mug or not-- looks like you can put your weed in there...

Yep no concave bottom , I'll post the bottom pics tomorrow (it has 3 pintle marks and is flat).
Mahalo on the comments.

Mine looks like it almost has the name around the bottom line the omc mug but its way bigger. Ended up buying both that the store had.

[ Edited by: ka'lenatiki 2014-04-05 19:02 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies