Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Stentiki in NYC - May 6, 2003

Pages: 1 12 replies

Aloha NYC Chapter!

I'll be in NYC on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 for one night only.

Hoping to meet up with some of you at Waikiki Wally's after my program around 10 pm.

I know it's a school night but it would be nice to see you all again. I'm heading to Boston the next day, so I don't think we'll be out too late night. So who's in?

Inky? Manic? Anyone? Anyone?

MC

for sure!
how about some new faces too? Brit in the Hut should be coming!
DonHo, you dislike WW immensely, but maybe we can catch a drink at Zombie Hut or Ottos? Uncle Arty is one cool, Laaaaaaaiiiiddddddd-back Kahuna.

S

Cool Cat!

I can always count on you.

Wally's is of course just a suggestion and the easiest place for me to find since I'm limited on time. Otto's is always an option as well as the Zombie Hut.

I'll be staying in Times Square and expect my program to finish around 9:30 pm. I've been in touch with Inky and will contact her once I hit the Big Apple. You kids pick a place and I'll be there.

MC

are you going to be bringing your "Letter From the Co-Huna" for our NYC Tiki Newsletter?

Arty!
Take it easy. Baby steps and water in-between!

S

Hey Cat,

I'll need a little guidance on this letter thang. Inky said we could talk about on Tuesday.

Don't worry, Reverend. Gotta save some for Tiki Oasis!

Hey gang- So shall we say 10 pm at Wally's or Otto's?

I have to be in midtown til 10ish, so I told Arty that we would hook up there toghether then cab it downtown.

I wish Fisherman were at Otto's tonight, that is sooooo much fun!

Don Ho and all other NYC Groupies, are you joining us?!?!?

S

Aloha NYC Chapter!

It was good to see Inky, Manic, Shalom Aloha and the newbies BritintheHut and Mrs. Brit (sorry, my memory is pretty foggy, man those Zombies are strong!) at Walley's, even though it seemed like a pretty short night.

Inky, great score on putting the TC stamp on the Paramount Bar! You're Tiki is very cool and I hope you post pictures of it soon.

Manic and Ben, it was cool meeting your boa! When I got back to the hotel, my hand was all bloody from where she nipped me the doorman was tripping out on me. I told him that I got bit by a snake and he just shook his head!

Brit & Mrs. Brit, I enjoyed talking music with you. Hope to see you again soon.

I'll post the few pix I took soon.

P.S. - Hey Cat, thanks for vouging for me on that DC thang. They would probably think I was a real fuck-up if you hadn't stood up for me!

Here's evidence of the NYC tiki clan:
Uncle Arty (takin' a break from his East Coast travels), Brit in Da Hut, Mrs. Hut, Shalom Aloha, Manic Cat (Len Ho), Inky Louise

How's that snake bite treating you, Arty? Can you post the pics of my snakie-poo?
FYI: I'm making a TC alias (Len Ho) cuz my real name, Lena Howansky, can look cool like Don Ho's.

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-05-15 10:11 ]

S

Hey Cat,

Cool pix! My letter is on the way. So are my pix.

MC

I threw the pics into the TC archive. But I can't figure out how to make a NYC Tiki album...

S

Hey Manic, Shalom Aloha, Inky, & Brits in da Hut,

I finally got around to posting pix of my last visit to NYC in the photo archives. I even got a shot of me with your snake, Manic! What was in those Zombies, anyhoo?!?

We'll need a little help on how to make an album.

Catcha later.

LH

EXCELLENT photos!!! (I never realized Shalom Aloha's tongue was so BIG!)

Pages: 1 12 replies