Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Ding Dong Devils @ Don the Beachcomber Sat Mar 27

Pages: 1 25 replies

C

The Ding Dong Devils will be playing two sets of tiki-themed mayhem between 9pm and midnight in the Dagger Bar, Saturday March 27th.
Don the Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Hwy
Sunset Beach 92649
562-592-1321

We hope to see you there!

[ Edited by: congawa 2010-03-08 10:41 ]

J

If you want to see why Tiki Revival is even more fun than the classic-era, check these guys out.

Here's my take from a prior post....

"I was expecting a classic exotica band but these guys have invented their own genre. You might think of them as the Tiki B-52's but I think of them this way: Imagine the Cramps visit the Tiki-Ti and get totally f'ed up on Ray's Mistakes. There they hear a Martin Denny tune and then decide to combine psycho-billy with an exotica inspiration. The result to me would be the Ding Dong Devils."

M

I think I will be at this show.

I know I will be at this show.

Jeff(btd)

C

John-O, your assessments are so brilliant and apt that we may end up quoting you as our official description!

For this show, we're actually working in a few more sounds... including that of a small town municipal gazebo band being forced to drink Sazeracs through their Sousaphone, then placed in the pit at Bimbo's to back Tempest Storm and Blaze Starr.

Caltiki

J
JOHN-O posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:43 AM

I want one of those green hats.

While you're here, check out the new caps--the first of the DTB Revival. We also have some service aprons available for your home parties,with t-shirts, polos, halter tops coming,with custom Rayne Spooner shirts soon. Don the Beachcomber Lives! We have Don's Barrel Mug at its normal price. Beware of eBay sales of DTB items unless on the company site. This business of selling our $25 off-the-bar mugs (including a drink) for $65-$100 has to stop!
Come by tonight and see our first Tiki Torch up at the North corner of the driveway! Sensationl! First one on the Surf Strip in years, and a new torch design! All 8 of them, 10' tall and bamboo-covered, will be in place soon!
Mahalo Nui!
Art & Delia Snyder
Don the Beachcomber

Wow Art, that all sounds great. Can't wait to see those Tiki torches in action.

DC

C

Bumping this forward in honor of St. Patrick's Day!

Just 10 days away from the "wearin' of the green fezzes" at Don the Beachcomber!

Or, as they say at the beach of Huntington...."Erin!!!!! Go brahhhhhhh!!!!"

bump for this coming Sat.

for those who have not heard these guys and gals.
http://www.myspace.com/dingdongdevils

and here is their facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=121098841940

C

Despite the well-intentioned efforts of his keepers, Rama Lama got loose in the Ding Dong Devils Arts & Crafts room again last night -- the result is, there will be a limited amount of Ding Dong Devils noisemakers on hand Saturday at Dons!

wow coool daddy O

On 2010-03-24 13:57, congawa wrote:
Despite the well-intentioned efforts of his keepers, Rama Lama got loose in the Ding Dong Devils Arts & Crafts room again last night -- the result is, there will be a limited amount of Ding Dong Devils noisemakers on hand Saturday at Dons!

In an unrelated story, 8 cans of Pringles are missing from a local grocery store... :lol:

C

On 2010-03-25 08:00, Jason Wickedly wrote:

On 2010-03-24 13:57, congawa wrote:

In an unrelated story, 8 cans of Pringles are missing from a local grocery store... :lol:

Actually Jason you're close--Tootsie Pops cans. But we may do Pringles in the future to get a deeper bass rattle.

C

bump reminder for tomorrow.

We will be there for sure!
They were great at last years Oasis.
Looking forward to it.

looking forward to hearing the new tunes.

Jeff(btd)

Will Donns be honoring Earth hour tonight and turning off the lights for an hour?

doubt it,
but if you get drunk enough early,
you can turn your own lights out.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

C

Thank to everyone who came out last night--we had a blast!

And as BTD says--Earth hour was observed variously between 8:30pm and 2am by a number of black outs on an individual basis! (And the Navy was well saluted by my wife, on a grog level all night.)

Noooo...Thank you guy's, we all had a good time, Marie & the bar staff are always great to!
Nice job on the Shakers!

See you all next time.

good times last night,
rough morning today.

thanks for playing.
for those who missed it,
alot.
you missed a great band, and fun music.

Jeff(btd)

Another Saturday night of great entertainment, great people and great atmosphere at Dons. But there is nothing listed for April on the events calendar.

I see that next Sunday, there is a Polynesian show and the Easter Bunny and
The Dynotones are there on April 10. Hopefully they have a listing soon so I can plan my April weekends.

What would an Easter bunny at a tiki bar look like anyway?

C

On 2010-03-29 14:42, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Another Saturday night of great entertainment, great people and great atmosphere at Dons. But there is nothing listed for April on the events calendar.

I see that next Sunday, there is a Polynesian show and the Easter Bunny and
The Dynotones are there on April 10. Hopefully they have a listing soon so I can plan my April weekends.

What would an Easter bunny at a tiki bar look like anyway?

Stew?

Glasgow Tiki Shakers are usually there on the 3rd Sat. of every month.

Pages: 1 25 replies