Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Magazine is Back!

Pages: 1 17 replies

N

Aloha,

I'd just like to say that Tiki Magazine is back! As some of you know, I've been dealing with some problems of a very personal nature in the past year. The TC Ohana has been very supportive. I'd like to say "thank you" to all who have reached out to me. We (the staff at Tiki Mag) are coming out with a new issue. It will be Summer 2010 with a cover by Flounder. My hope is the issue will be 8-16 more pages than the typical issue. Advertiser letters go out this week, renewal postcards also go out this week, and the subscription page is back up on the website. We will only come out with a Summer issue in 2010 and will return in Spring 2011. Please note that Tiki Magazine has a new mailing address:

Tiki Magazine
10531 4S Commons Dr. #496
San Diego, CA 92127

I look forward to seeing the Ohana at upcoming events. Please come up and say hello. I will be at Tiki Caliente 2 in June and hope to be at Hukilau as well.

Mahalo to all for your understanding,

Nick

Good to hear the news! Can't wait until the next issue.

Great News!!! I don't know what I would do without my Tiki Magazine!!
Looking forward to the next one as well...

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 8, 2010 11:18 PM

Aw crap. That mean GROG going to have to draw another damned Bamboo Ben comic.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 8, 2010 11:19 PM

Whoops! Did GROG say that out loud? GROG meant to say YAY!! Welcome back.

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:15 AM

Welcome back Tiki Magazine!

Looking forward to the summer 2010 issue like I imagine everyone else is too...

...if you're indeed going to the Hukilau Florida this June I'll stop and say Hello.

Hope your 2010 is healthy, prosperous and full of joy. Carry on :)

I was wondering what happened to your magazine, glad to hear a new issue is in the works, welcome back man.
Cheers
KT

C

VERY HAPPY to hear that it looks like Tiki Magazine is back on track!!!!

Wishing you the best, Nick, as things settle down for you the remainder of 2010.

Really looking forward to what 2011 brings for Tiki Magazine!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Back Nick,
sorry to hear about your personal stuff.
Good luck with that.

see you at Tiki Caliente II
and maybe before in SD area.

Jeff(btd)

Oh Happy Tiki Gods!

This is aloha-filled news for everyone! I'll see you at Tiki Caliente, Nick! (And hopefully before that, too!)

TC ohana, this will be another awesome issue! Tiki inspiration and creativity abounds from cover to backcover! And thanks to all the fans of the magazine for your patience and support. Long may Nick (and his magazine) wave the Tiki flag!

Ahoy and Arrrr,

Kari
(Who is busy compiling her story on Jeff "Beachbum" Berry for the next issue.)

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Mar 9, 2010 3:50 PM

Tiki Magazine is Back!

I didn't even know Tiki Magazine was gone. Or would ever be gone.

T

Happy to hear the news! Been missing my quarterly dose of Tiki!

On 2010-03-09 15:46, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Oh Happy Tiki Gods!

This is aloha-filled news for everyone!..... Long may Nick (and his magazine) wave the Tiki flag!

Well said, Kari~! Next issue is surely shaping up to be a truly volcanic one!

Wish nothing but the best for you in 2010 and beyond, boss-man, as you surely deserve it. MAHALO, for keeping that torch going, Nick.

-Andy

J

Glad to hear it! :) I can't wait to get the next issue

Nicktiki,

Great news, glad to hear you are back in action with Tiki Magazine. I just renewed my yearly subscription tonight, here is the link to the magazine site so everyone can join as well.

http://www.tikimagazine.com/

DC

It feels great to be back and working on a new issue. Working hard to debut the new issue at Tiki Caliente. Looking forward to seeing the Ohana at Tiki Caliente and Hukilau.

Yours is the best magazine in the whole world. We are looking forward to the next one and the next one and the next one......

Wendy and Dan

I found Tiki Magazine by Google search. When I saw that your subscription page was blank, I was disappointed because I thought the magazine had folded and that this Tiki newbie had missed out. Now, I'm glad to see I haven't.

My check for a brand-new subscription is in the mail !

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect."
-Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London"

[ Edited by: Baron von Tiki 2010-03-22 23:42 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies