Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Purple Orchid 9th Anniversary

Pages: 1 22 replies

Nine years of Tiki and Drinky at the Purple Orchid Tiki Lounge and still going strong! Come join us for a glass of champagne, cake and a Kara-jokey contest!

What is Kara-Jokey, you ask? It is like Karaoke but instead of singing, tell us a joke! Lot's of fun swag givaways by Sailor Jerry and others. Pick a joke, it doesn't have to be original, get on stage and tell it with flair for a chance to win!

We will also bust out the Ginger Bimbo and French Zombie complete with misting dry ice!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 10, 2010 1:33 AM

Congrats on the 9 year anniversary. Cheers!

Congrats on 9 years Dave.
you planning a big shindig for 10 years?

Jeff(btd)

Wow, 9 years--goes by in a blink of an eye.

S

Wow, Congrats Dave!

Suzanne

Congratulations, Dave and Rebecca! You put El Segundo back on the map, with style and FUN. Long may you Tiki.

H

Congrats you two!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 11, 2010 3:02 PM

Bump for this Saturday.

(Threads get buried quickly)

Very cool! Congratulations on a very successful business and one of the best Tiki joints.

Congrads on " Nine Big Ones" Dave & Rebecca .Two of the coolest people I know .
Purple Orchid rocks!

TS

For the love of god, has it been 9 years already!? Jeezus I feel old now! I remember cradling some of my first tiki drinks @ the Orchid...Congrats Dave & Becca, here's to another 9+!

G

Lived in LA all my life and I haven't been to the Purple Orchid.
I would like to get one of their mugs for my collection.

Would the Saturday celebration be appropriate for a first-timer?

[ Edited by: geedavee 2010-03-12 15:43 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Mar 12, 2010 4:31 PM

Yes.

DZ

I remember getting one of those postcard-style flyers on my windshield at a Cruz show way back when & corralin' a few friends to go check out this new "Purple Orchid" place... Geez, that was how long ago??

Congrats, D&R - you two are like family to me, and the P.O. is as comfy as my Mom's house. Only with better decor. And better drinks. And better bands. And better anniversary parties. And the BOT on the walls of the men's room. (Purple Orchid = WIN!)

The Good Doctor will see all y'all tomorrow, fo' sho'!

TB

Congratulations, Dave and Rebecca! Cant wait to see you there.

Congrats Dave and Rebecca!! I wish Laura and I could be there tonight but we are both working. We love you guys and the PO!! Here is to all the good times we have already had and can't wait for many more! CHEERS

We have some great swag to give away for the Kara-jokey contest, so practice your joke and try to win tonight!

Unquestionably the best Kara-jokey contest ever! There was a tie between Earnie and Danger, so we had a joke off. The judges had a hard time deciding and it came down to the wire. Earnie pulled out a stunning victory with a beautifully delivered puberty joke and took home the grand prize! Danger was right behind him with a great old-sex joke and came in a close second. Michelle came in third with a very funny quick joke; "What's the difference between pink and purple? The grip!" Thanks to all who served as judges. They took their responsibilities seriously and were faced with a challenging decision.

Rebecca and I would like to thank you all for making the last nine years the best of our lives. The generous love of our Tiki Central friends has been the sustaining fire of our success!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2010 11:42 AM

Thanks Dave and Rebecca of Purple Orchid for the great time last night. Congratulations on the first 9 years, and may you have MANY MANY MORE TO COME. Thanks for the dart board GROG win in the Karajoke contest. GROG love the GINGER BIMBO GROG drank last night. That was MUY TASTY. Thanks Murph for driving, and thanks to all the TCers there who cheer for GROG in the Karajoke contest, (even though GROG screw up the first joke.)

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-14 11:43 ]

G

Good times at the Purple Orchid.
I picked up two mugs and I need to go back when they restock the purple logo mugs.

M
Murph posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2010 8:52 PM

Good Times!
First time at the Purple Orchid and had a fun evening, thanks everyone.

Texas Lucy's BBQ was catchin' up with me today though.

T

Dang! So bummed we missed out on this event, but we were in Sand Diego this weekend.

Congrats Rebecca and Dave! Here's to many more tiki-filled years at Purple Orchid!

Dear Rebecca and Dave. Really enjoyed attending your 9th aniversary of the Purple Orchid. Me and Carm had a most excellent time. You two are the hosts with the mosts!! (not to mention all the other Tc'ers in attendance).

Good luck in the future and I'm brushing up on 10th anniversary jokes starting now! =))

Pages: 1 22 replies