Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Rum Tasting in Hollywood

Pages: 1 5 replies

CJ

FIRST EVER RUM TASTING

Join Silverlake Wine at Three Clubs on Wed. March 24th at 7pm for our first ever Rum Tasting. This is a great opportunity to learn about how rum is made, the history of rum drinks and to taste six different rums, plus two rum cocktails. The cost of the tasting is $35, cash only, at the door.
We will also take orders for the rums being poured. All orders taken on the night of the tasting will receive a 15% discount from the regular shelf price and will be available for pick up at the store.

This event is by reservation only and space is limited. Call Silverlake
Wine: 323-662-9024 to reserve. Please do not call Three Clubs.

Three Clubs is located at: 1123 Vine Street, Los Angeles, CA 90038

Choices are any six of the following:
Bacardi Light
Bacardi Gold
Bacardi Superior White
Bacardi Anejo
Bacardi Big Apple
Bacardi Coco
Bacardi Grand Melon
Bacardi Limon
Bacardi Orange
Bacardi Peach
Bacardi Select
Bacardi Razz

The Rum Cocktails are:
Rum and Coke
Rum and Red Bull

Okay, sorry about that. I'm sure they're serving up something better than Bacardi. Coco Joe, can you give us some hints?

CJ

I have no clue but your list would be my guess

M

Actually, Silverlake Wine has a pretty great rum selection. It's where I go when I need Coruba and St. James, and they have a rotating selection of small-batch rarer stuff as well. I would expect that this is a serious rum tasting.

From nbclosangeles.com

The six rums…consist of El Dorado White Rum, Guyana; Matuzalem Solera 10 Blender, Dominican Republic, Barbancourt Rhum Aged 8 years, Haiti; Smith & Cross Navy Strength Traditional Jamaican Rum, London; Rhum J.M V.S.O.P Martinique, French West Indies; and Batavia-Arrack van Oosten Island of Java, Indonesia Austria.

If you like what you try and want to buy some you’ll get a 15% discount off the regular shelf price when you order the rum at the event. The bottles will be available for pickup at Silverlake Wine.

Dang, I had no idea that such a rum depot exists right down the hill from me! (Though the pic they're showing does not seem to show many). I have driven by that place 100 times, but never looked inside. Being a wine non-connoisseur I am usually happy with my Trader Joe's two buck chuck. Kinda ironic that it was the wine fad in the 70s that contributed to killing Polynesian cocktails, and now wine stores are bringing rum back.

Pages: 1 5 replies