Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki art in Bremerton (near Seattle)

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

Just got this email from a co-worker, don't know anything about the show.

The Westside Burrito Connection and Trader Lux present:

TIKI TIKI! A Celebration of all things Tiki!

Come see the Kustomized Tiki Kreations of local and international painters, sculptors, fabricators, tattoo artists, and illustrators,
including:

Pat Moriarity, Jeff and Sam Fisher, Sally Banfill, Krysztof Nemeth, Nicole Steen, Patrick Cooper, Kipling West, Jessica McCourt, Derek Nobbs, Gabriel Lee, Rose Smith, Bo McConaghie, Ed Arnold, and MORE MORE MORE!

May 2nd - 31st; Opening Reception Friday May 2nd, 6PM - the wee hours of the morning... The Westside Burrito Connection 208 First St., Bremerton, WA 360-792-5288 map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&ed=6AIFOOp_0TrnE6v63C5.JypE2oRzdMEuGHBwzU9eJJLIADRdjK0-&csz=bremerton,+wa&country=us

The Westside Burrito Connection is mere footsteps from the Bremerton Ferry Terminal, so if you're coming from Seattle, there's no need to even bring your car! Just hop on one of the boats, jump off downtown, and come have burritos, beer, and art galore!

You can check out the Bremerton Passenger Ferry Schedule to see the ample amount of ferries back and forth to Seattle right here: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedules/current/index.cfm?route=sea-brpo

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-04-30 15:30 ]

W

Interesting...But can anything good come out of Bremerton?
Bremerton is mention in The Book, but on my quick pass through last weekend I saw nothing exotic. It's on my list for heavier investigation.

On 2003-04-30 16:41, woofmutt wrote:
Interesting...But can anything good come out of Bremerton?

woofmutt, you got a point there. My missing in action father was born in Bremerton I hear...

Anybody remember that Sir Mix A Lot song Baby Got Back? Specifically the line "Ain't talkin' bout Bremelows".
This term is a rather mean one coined in the greater Bremerton area to describe the large population of plus size ladies who inhabit the area bars hoping to snag em' a sailor or marine. I believe the term is an amalgam of Bremerton and buffalo. I was sta'd there in my military days and though there was plenty of cool Amerindian totemic art I didn't notice any tiki zones. So there is your Bremerton hip hop trivia.

Well, Bremerton is proof of the Tiki-Navy connection, being a navy shipyard and having several Tiki apartment complexes like the Tangaroa and the Kona Kai.
I wonder if some of those guys mentioned are old timers that did those apartment Tikis, or kids that grew up around them..... and how the BOT figures in the revival....anybody going there?

Must be a universal thing. At Bath Iron Works in Bath, Main the "Bremelow" was the "Bathosaurus".

Pages: 1 5 replies