Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag Mondo Mugs

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

I opened my mugs, drooled over them then had to repack them coz I'm moving flat next week. My flat looks normal devoid of tiki, so sad.

Fugging 'ell, how much did that little lot cost you to have shipped to the UK? The tax alone must be enough to take a family out for dinner!

Trader Woody

I'm scared to do the maths, but i did get tiki farm to add a suffering bastard into the order so it added to the weight and cost.
erm.. about nintey quid for the mugs and shipping and thirty tax on top.
But since these are my first Shag mugs and its my birthday in a month it ain't that much.

R
Rain posted on Fri, May 23, 2003 5:27 PM

i got mine today, and they are FIERCE!!!

ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa Rain! I wonder why yours are so wild? Mine are very mellow and are currently sitting near a lava lamp with happy grins on their faces!

M
M

Hey, did anyione miss out on the Shag mugs? Well, here's everyone's chance. There is a set out there in the great vast nothingness known as the Bermuda Triangle of UPS ignorance. They may be addressed, correctly, to me...but hey! that never stopped UPS. Have at them if you can find them, 'cause the brain trust that is known as UPS, well they're sort of like lost, man.

"Heh, heh...heh, look there's a big "P" in our name, Heh heh. You "PEE" ess, heh."

All I can hope for is these mouthbreathing genetic mishaps do not procreate. Oh, and Scooter Peterson is guilty as the day is long...in June...above the arctic circle.

Just ranting at two things that have me pees-ed.

midnite

On 2003-05-30 21:33, MauiTiki wrote:
Looks like the going rate is $200 - $275

How much do you think I can get for mine?

Midnite, I hate to break it to ya (pun intended) but I have a strange feeling your Shag mugs look very much like mine now.

OK PP. Was it you that broke my store window last night at 2 A.M.??? (trying to replace your broken green Mondo mug???) You gettin a little postal with all your broken mugs?? I've booby trapped the place now so the next one trying to break in will get a little more than a Shag Mondo mug! More like 30 nice 1/4" sharp Bamboo spears through their torsos!! God damn vandels!!! Today was my day off! Spent all day boarding it up and sucking up safty glass with a shop vac! Arggggggggg!!! Karma! Bad? Bong stopped by and it bummed his flow.

M

Poly-Pop,

Maybe you should get all your broken mugs together, break them into tiny pieces and make a Tiki Mug Mosaic of a Tiki Mug!

T

I'm not saying they're huge but.........

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-06-07 13:33 ]

J

I'm still getting over $100 dollars for 2 mugs, I'm fairly certain that's as much as I've ever spent. I justified it to my wife, because I told her I could easily sell one and recover the cost. Wonder how she's gonna be when she finds out I traded one for even more mugs.

R
Rain posted on Sat, Jun 21, 2003 4:14 PM

has anyone been keeping track of whether these are still selling for stupid prices or not? none of the ones on ebay last time i checked had any bids.

due to rapidly dwindling cash supply, i think i'm going to have to sell mine. :cry: but only if i can get a stupid amount of money for them.

I don't know but I just saw a House of Tiki mug go for over seventy bones recently. That's crazy.

Rain, Don't do it! I'll buy one of your paintings or hire you to design me some fonts. Wait and sell me your Hukilau Mug!

C

I second that. I had my eye on one of your paintings on eBay and missed out. Don't know why I didn't just put a bid in.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Jun 24, 2003 6:40 AM

thanks, fellers.
i should have some paintings at hukilau, if that helps.

i have to say, though - i think i like the hukilau mugs even better than the shag mugs. haven't seen them glazed, mind you...

R
Rain posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 1:27 AM

he resurfaces, months later, solely to state that at 145pm on Thursday, the 13th of May, his Yambon Yellow Shag Mondo Tiki Mug goes on the block.
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rain_s/

M

Rain,

I traded my green one for a Shag Hukilau mug. Sorry to hear you're selling off one of your mugs. How's the painting/graphics going?

Pages: 1 2 66 replies