Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Bermuda...anything 'Tiki' going on there??

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

We're taking a vacation to Bermuda in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone has traveled there and if there are any recommendations for things to do or places to visit. I've been told they have a wonderful drink called a 'Rum Swizzle'...sure hoping it will come in a tiki mug :)

T

In Bermuda Dunes, CA, yes, there is tiki going on. Ooops, that is a different Bermuda....

The Bermuda Islands (or the Somers Isles) are a British overseas territory in the North Atlantic Ocean.

Since Bermuda is British and NOT located in Polynesia, I doubt there is much tiki going on. But I've been wrong before, and I will be wrong again.

However, there is good news! Goslings, makers of excellent rum, is located in Bermuda.

Goslings has a registered trademarked drink called Dark 'n' Stormy. The trademark only allows it to be made with a measure (1.5oz) of Goslings Black Seal Rum and ginger beer to taste. It is optionally accompanied by a slice of lime.

Barritts, a Bermudian brand of ginger beer, has the essential bite without a burn, and is almost always used as the base for the Dark 'n' Stormy at bars and restaurants in Bermuda.

Not sure if Goslings gives distillery tours, but I sure would like to go on one if they do.

Gosling's Export (Bermuda) Limited

9 Dundonald St.

Hamilton, HM 10, Bermuda

On a side note, good news for those that are able to fly jetBlue, as Bermuda is one of their destinations.

sorry for off topic.
FYI Goslings has a ginger beer.
Marie uses that with the Goslings rum for a dark and stormy at DTB.

makes sense to use them together.

Jeff(btd)

T

Thanks for the tip on Goslings. We will check it out. Jet Blue has a great offer to Bermuda right now from JFK for $69.00 & one of the Fairmont hotels is offering free upgrades on the rooms if you mention you booked with Jet Blue. We booked with Air Canada for $298. return. It was a bit of a steal. It's a good time of year there and a pretty decent flight time from Ottawa so it'll be a nice break for a week. I'm still crossing my fingers we'll come home with something tiki inspired.
Cheers!

Pages: 1 3 replies