Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

S. Fla. Carving Jam April 3, 2010

Pages: 1 19 replies

Bring Your Tools & Current Project

Carving will take place between 9 am & 4 pm
Coffee, Bacon, & Coffee Cake will be available for the early birds

Light lunch will be served and Snacks & Beverages available.

4 pm until ? The party kicks off !

The Gumbo Limbo Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai
Will host a Pot-Luck Luau and Bone-fire

The new Trader Vic's Bar & Grill (TV IB&G) is right up the street for those in town who may want to visit. Excursions anticipated and specific time may be designated.

Bring a dish if you can but it's not mandatory
bar contributions never frowned upon.

Please RSVP here, by PM, IM, smoke signal, carrier goat or Email to [email protected] also let us know what you're bringing to the Luau so we can plan accordingly.
We will post results.

Google map for Jam and area attractions:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=103481085619787529648.00048213e2eae9e36a518&ll=27.368261,

Recommended hotel within crawling distance of TV IB&G:

AmericInn Sarasota
5931 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 342-8778
http://www.americinnsarasotahotel.com

Also, We have Plenty of tent camping room for the adventurous.

Tent camping and carving... that should be a new Boy Scouts badge! I'd love to make it, but already have plans dang it. Enjoy the day!

B

Benzart will be there

Just made our hotel reservation - looking forward to seeing everyone

Great to hear Mr. & Mrs. Ben will be here !! BTW, We will have someone available as a designated driver for shuttling to Hotel or to Trader Vics.

Is anyone arriving on Friday to go to Trader Vic's? Not sure if we should make hotel reservations for 1 or 2 nights.

Can't wait!

I'll bring some stuff to help keep tools sharp so Benzart can spend more time making sawdust.

I'll also bring some stuff for the bar for later in the day when the tools start getting put down.

And Andy will bring macaroni & cheese.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2010-03-25 06:12 ]

I regretfully have to withdraw form the event. Come on - Easter weekend? Enjoy yourselves and have a FEW drinks for me.

On 2010-03-26 10:14, AlohaStation wrote:
I regretfully have to withdraw form the event. Come on - Easter weekend? Enjoy yourselves and have a FEW drinks for me.

Easter? Really? How'd that happen?

Maybe we can carve a bunny in celebration!

And I will gladly have your drinks and tell you how much you enjoyed them. Its the least I can do for you.

I'll be a week a late... Oh well - I'll reach out when I'm in Sarasota area the following weekend April 9/10.

Finally made our reservation. So far we are booked for the one night. We might book a second night and bum around the beach and have a look.

P

Hey now - that's Babalu's territory.

Sorry to say that we will not be able to make it after all, hope you all have a terrific time and have a cocktail for me!

On 2010-04-01 15:27, MrsBenZart wrote:
..and have a cocktail for me!

For you, I'll have two!

We're going to miss you.

B

Alas, it's MY fault we must stay ho,e this weekend, the old bones just aren't cooperating. Hopefully Ill be back in working order soon.. I was Really looking forward to this weekend too!

B

No worries Ben, we will have another soon enough. Keep yourself well!

Bohemiann..... need anything specific from this coast for tomorrow?

R

Had a great time today. My buddy's (TC handle Trader Rick) first tiki came out well. Let the drinking begin!

No photos by now?? Wanted to see what we missed.

Pages: 1 19 replies