Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

get 2 new tiki panels on da ebay....mahaloz

Pages: 1 15 replies

G
GECKO posted on Thu, May 1, 2003 1:09 PM

alohaz peopoz,

here get one panel and one "exotic drinks" sign jus incase any of you are searching fo' some wall decor. My wahine neva wen put any of my tiki's on ebay fo' a while because i been busy but will post wun in about a week o' less so, if you looking fo wun of my carvings i gon get da wahine to post um soon.

Mahaloz to all!!!

gek

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_c193d9d2f377ef543223c31e9e3d8046/i-4.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3221931948&rd=1

G
GECKO posted on Thu, May 1, 2003 1:11 PM
J

Lookin' good Gecko - I love the tropical drinks sign - would you be able to do a custom bar sign??

B

Gecko....we like that drink panel too....love that puffer fish....running out of walls....still have not picked a permanent spot for your panel Mrs. Fury got on ebay.....keep carvin em and we will have to get a good outdoor finish and hang them on the fence around the pool....

M

Gecko, I always notice your work on eBay and I think it is fantastic!!! Great craftsmanship with a very classic and unique style. I will definitely own a piece someday. Do you sell your stuff at any retail locations? I'm in San Diego and would love to check some of your carvings out in person. I read in one of your earlier posts about a place in SD called Hot Lava...however, I can't find any trace of it. If there are any, could you post or send me a list of places in Southern California where I could find your work. Thanks!

ModMana :drink:

ModMana, two places near you where I know you can see some of Gecko's carvings are as follows:

Bamboo2U in Leucadia
Momalani's Island Traditions in Oceanside

You'll also be able to see some work from another resident TC carver, ChikiTiki aka Tiki Diablo at Bamboo2U. Check 'em out - good stuff.

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-07 08:03 ]

Modmana,

If you're ever in Huntington Beach, you can check out a very cool Roratonga-style I got from Gecko when he stopped by my house last year.

and still with the speech problem eh gecko?. if only you were closer, i could help........for , oh, i dont know.....a kelbos mug?

M

Poly-Pop,
Thanks for the tips on locations. I've actually been meaning to get up to Bamboo2U for quite awhile now. I've never heard of Momalani's but I will definitely check it out soon. And yes, you are correct about ChikiTiki, he does some very fine work as well. With so much great art out there I'm going to have to expand my "tiki budget".

Tiki_Bong,
I do pass through Huntington Beach occasionally and I will take you up on that offer some day. The Roratonga style carvings are my personal favorite.

Gecko,
If there are any other places near SD I'd like to know about those as well. Also, do you have your own website to showcase your work? Thanks...

ModMana :drink:

G
GECKO posted on Fri, May 9, 2003 3:53 PM

tanks peopoz,

eh Modmana, I gon be flying into San Diego on da 12th of June and I plan on hooking up with some tc membaz fo suckem up!!! we can meet and talk story den bout da carvings. I get wun web page in da process. I had to hire a new person to start ova. I'm hoping to be up befo da Hukilau...

I'm only gonna be in Cali fo 2 weeks so I gon be choke bizzy ya, so if you like one carving from me, try to catch up with me early.

Mahaloz

SHOOTZ
gek

I gon bring some carvings to da mainland to sell at "da show" you know, da kine from aloha cruz.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, May 9, 2003 3:55 PM

oh sorry took so long fo da reply! I been so bizzy latley.

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA

see you braddaz and sisstaz in JUNE!

G
GECKO posted on Fri, May 9, 2003 4:18 PM

eh Poly, you gon be on da islands? or you still stey mainland wen i gon be ova der?

If you peepz like get a hold of me wen i stey mainland

call my buisness phone(cell):
808 277 3048 jus leave a quick message "gecko lus go fo suck em up" li'dat and no worries I gon call you back fo sho!!!

alohaz

Hey Gecko.....You comin up Ventura or Santa Barbara way on your trip? Is this just a test site?

http://www.geckotikis.com

G
GECKO posted on Sat, May 10, 2003 3:15 PM

howzit Bongo,

yes thats da old page that the guy was taking to long to build. My new one is still in the making.

dats got some old pix of stuff on it dat I don't even make anymore. How did you get that? or find it?

Don't know if I'll be going that far north braddah. If I do, I'll be sure to stop by fo talk story.

tanks

Look at the post under tiki events-Tiki Lounge 5-0.

If you don't get up this way maybe we'll see you down south or at Da Show.....

Did you see the other pix I added to the Apt. Tikis at thge main discussion area?

Gecko,
I'll be mainland when you come. You can email me at [email protected] and we'll set something up. I'll be at Da Show with Bong and Al so if anything, I'll see you there.

Pages: 1 15 replies