Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Habitat for Humanity Fundraiser - RYE HOUSE NYC - This Sunday MARCH 28

Pages: 1 2 replies

Aloha everybody - I know it's been a long winter here in the northeast, but here's a great way get a big dose of Tiki Poly-pop awesomeness and help raise money for a worthy cause - Habitat for Humanity and Haiti!

You all know about the situation in Haiti and I am sure you all have already been generous in your giving. However, there is more work to be done. With the warm weather approaching, it also means hurricane season in the Caribbean, and there are still many many people without shelter in Haiti.

Rye House NYC (17th st and 5th ave) and Cruzan Rum have come together to raise money for Habitat for Humanity to help Haitians build more secure shelter to keep them safe during the upcoming hurricane season.

Many of the top mixologists in NYC and from around the country will be pouring classic tiki drinks at this event, including Tobey Maloney, Matty Gee, Lynnette Marrero, Jim Kearns and Jamie Gordon, as well as some other folks you may know....

And if this doesn't all sound awesome already - there will also be LIVE MUSIC to set the mood, provided by Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica Trio, masters of space-age pop and exotica!

Details continue to be worked out as as more and more folks join in to help make this an incredible event, but here is what you need to know:

TIME & PLACE: Sunday, March 28 - Rye House (17th st and 5th ave) at 6pm

COST: There will likely be a small cover charge to see the band (like $10 or less) and drink tickets will be sold (also likely $10 or less) redeemable for any of several different classic Polynesian tropical cocktails!

Also, the full dining menu will be available - so come by for dinner too!

Please join us to have a great time for a great cause - Haiti and Habitat for Humanity!

K

Sounds like a great event! Wish we could be there. Is there a way to donate to the cause if you can't make it?

I don't think they are set up for off-site fundraising - feel free to donate directly to Habitat and let them know it's related to the NYC Tiki Party at Rye House for Haiti though!

Pages: 1 2 replies