Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hawaiian music at Stern Grove

Pages: 1 4 replies

The schedule for this summer's concerts at Stern Grove (San Francisco) is out, and there's a Hawaiian program!

June 29: Hawaiian music with Willie K and Amy Hanaiali'i Gillom with special guest Ernie Cruz Jr. and San Francisco's Na Lei Hulu I Ka Wekiu

It would be fun to get a group together and have a Tiki Picnic. Has anyone here ever tried to reserve one of the Stern Grove picnic tables?

--cindy

K

I think it would be hard to maintain your claim on one, might be more hassle than it's worth... besides aren't quilts and portable chairs more fun?
The main thing is not to miss an opportunity to smoke pot in public, I'm not sure where else you can do that.

T

Argh, Cindy, this sounds like fun but I think I'll still be in Florida...recovering...

T

That's Pride weekend!

I never miss an opportunity to smoke in public and listen to music, though.

Choices, choices!

On 2003-05-01 21:56, kahukini wrote:
I think it would be hard to maintain your claim on one, might be more hassle than it's worth... besides aren't quilts and portable chairs more fun?

You can reserve a picnic table by calling Park and Rec on the Monday before the concert, but it's really hard to get through. If a few of us got there really early, we could stake out a decent spot on the lawn.

Yes, that's the same day as Gay Pride, dang it.

--cindy

Pages: 1 4 replies