Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 3-24-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

How did Number Eight turn into a smiley face with sunglasses?

After this episode, I'm thinking of adopting a new motto for my show: "Nothing But Left Turns."

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: March 24, 2010

1. “Adventures in Paradise” by Greg Sardinha from the anthology: Legends of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar

2. “Waikiki Serenade” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from their CD: Stereoexotique

3. “Coronation” the Les Baxter composition performed by the Waitiki 7 from their CD: Adventures in Paradise

4. “Bijou” by Lambert, Hendricks & Ross from their recording: Everybody’s Boppin’

5. “Caravan” by 80 Drums Around the World from the Previously Unreleased 1961 recording included on the CD collection: Ultra-Lounge Mondo Exotica – Mysterious Melodies & Tropical Tiki Tunes

6. “Sacred Island (Moku La’a)” by Taj Mahal and the Hula Blues Band from their CD: Sacred Island

7. “Exotic” by The Original Surfaris from the CD: Lost Legends of Surf Guitar, Vol. 1, Big Noise From Waimea!

8. “Tropical Night” from the CD collection: Taboo – The Exotic Sounds of Arthur Lyman

9. “Sombrero Hula” by The Buckarettes, the pride of Albuquerque, from their self-titled CD

10. “Lush Life” by Tito Puente from the 1985 recording: Mambo Diablo, included as Disc Two of the two-CD set: Party at Puente’s Place

11. “An Elephant’s Swan Song” by The Thai Elephant Orchestra (Thailand) from the collection: Music Rough Guides Off the Beaten Track, Compiled by Phil Stanton [ORCHESTRA COMPRISED ENTIRELY OF ELEPHANTS!]

12. “Pinball Wizard” by Sandy Nelson from the LP: The Very Best of Sandy Nelson [Taken from the Mojo magazine tribute compilation: The Who Covered]

13. “I Can See for Miles” by Lord Sitar from the recording of the same name [Taken from the Mojo magazine tribute compilation: The Who Covered]

14. “Aao Gidha Palay-Eh” by Sukshinder Shinda from the CD: Bhangra Dance Hits

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-03-26 05:56 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies