Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Photo's of TikiMan's Paradise...

Pages: 1 21 replies

T

Well it’s almost summer, so I thought I would take some digi-photos of my personal private paradise. Hope you all enjoy!

The tiki is a LeRoy Schmaltz original from Oceanic Arts.

If you look hard you can see TikiDog hanging out in his native environment.

Can’t wait to heat the pool and break out the blender for some tropical drinks.

Cheers!

TikiMan

T

Let’s try that again. Too small!

Cheers!

TikiMan

T

Ok. I will figure this out one day %$#@#%%!!!!!

Cheers!

TikiMan

TikiMan, I'm getting old and I would need a magnifying glass to see your pics. Can you enlarge them for this old man?

WOW, how wierd, we posted at the same exact time. Thanks

L
laney posted on Thu, May 1, 2003 7:07 PM

Beautiful! My son said "Oooooohhhhh Sweeeet" when the pictures came up. Enjoy it!

T

Here is a better shot of the "TikiDog".

-TikiMan

When is the party?

T

On 2003-05-01 19:15, jungletrader wrote:
When is the party?

Hopefully soon if it ever starts to get warmer!

J

Wow! That is one hell of a backyard!! Beautiful!

By the looks of all that swiss cheese philodendron you got there, can't be that cold could it. Let's Party Bud!!

T

Wow! I can't think of enough superlatives to describe your tiki paradise. Color me green with envy!

Wow, swell place. You can afford to Heat that thing?

T

On 2003-05-01 21:09, Yomamma tiki wrote:
Wow, swell place. You can afford to Heat that thing?

Thanks!!!
It's not that bad to heat during warmer summer temps. I had a 400,000 BTU pool heater put in when we remodel it, so it heats up fairly quickly. But natural gas can be pricy at times.
The spa heats up in about 20 minuets this time of year.

Cool, where do you live? 20 minutes huh? I'll call before I leave? Looks awsome Tikiman! Leroy's tiki ain't too shabby either.

T

On 2003-05-01 22:31, thechikitiki wrote:
Cool, where do you live? 20 minutes huh? I'll call before I leave? Looks awsome Tikiman! Leroy's tiki ain't too shabby either.

Thanks! I am in Laguna Niguel, South Orange County, California. It's very ocean close, so it gets fairly windy on sunny days (so the temps stay in the 70's during the summer months).
LeRoy gave me a deal on this tiki about four years ago. It was cut, but un-finished (no stain, paint, etc) when I bought it. So I stained it at first, but the stain wasn't looking too good after two years, and I got tired of having to re-stain it. So I painted it with semi-gloss exterior latex in a dark brown color. I think it looks better than when it was stained and it keeps looking this good year round now. It also keeps all the bad spirits away from my home! :)

Cheers!

Oh that's right I remember when you first joined the board you said you were in Laguna Niguel. I was just there last weekend. My parents live there, but not for long. They are moving down by AlnShelley in Oceanside. I may be coming down there again in July or August. I'd like to see your place. Also ChikiTiki, if you're listening, I'd like to meet you too at that time, in San Clemente eh?

T

On 2003-05-02 11:32, jungletrader wrote:
Oh that's right I remember when you first joined the board you said you were in Laguna Niguel. I was just there last weekend. My parents live there, but not for long. They are moving down by AlnShelley in Oceanside. I may be coming down there again in July or August. I'd like to see your place. Also ChikiTiki, if you're listening, I'd like to meet you too at that time, in San Clemente eh?

Sounds like a plan!

TikiMan

Back on the computer after a couple of days off. JT sounds cool. My in-laws live a few miles away from alnshely. July it is.Tikiman, did we meet at OA talking with Bob out front on a sat after hours?

S
Swanky posted on Sat, May 3, 2003 4:01 PM

I want some night pics. I bet it's very exotic around there at night. Do you have sound out there?

T

On 2003-05-03 15:28, thechikitiki wrote:
Back on the computer after a couple of days off. JT sounds cool. My in-laws live a few miles away from alnshely. July it is.Tikiman, did we meet at OA talking with Bob out front on a sat after hours?

I am not sure? It's been about four years sense I have been back to OA. I need to go back before summer though.

T

On 2003-05-03 16:01, Swanky wrote:
I want some night pics. I bet it's very exotic around there at night. Do you have sound out there?

I will have to try to take some night photos on my new digi-camera.
I placed a red gel light cover on my spa, so at night, with the spa on, it looks like bubbling red-hot lava (it's a neat effect).
Otherwise I installed your standard Malibu lights all around the foliage, and also I rigged a light in the pagoda as well.

And yes! I do have an out-door speaker system. Currently it is just two small outdoor speakers that are mounted under the eves of the house (pointed towards the pool). I also rigged up a small sub-woofer which sits inside the house next to the outside wall next to the pool (it's not water-proof). Together it has a nice sound for outdoor music enjoyment.
Sometimes I just like to put on environmental jungle sounds and "believe" I am someplace else. It sure takes the edge off a tough work week!

Also, just so everyone knows, other than the heavy faux-rock and pool work, I have done much of the work on this yard myself (I couldn't have afforded it otherwise). I did all the rock and deck colorization work (to match true Hawaiian black lava rock). I did all the plant landscaping myself, including moving all the soil into the planters, and the automatic sprinkler system. Even the thatched umbrella I built using my California fan palm’s dried fawns.
Even some of the pool equipment I installed myself, and I prefer to maintain the pool myself also (no pool boy).

I don't think I could appreciate this yard as much if I didn't do much of the work myself.
I guess I could say, this yard is my hobby.

Cheers!

TikiMan

Pages: 1 21 replies