Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

we have a wiener! eric october's great rarotonga raffle! pg.2! mahalo all who entered!

Pages: 1 22 replies

T

** A few people asked if I would have tickets at Bamboo Ben's on the 2nd, so since that's only a week after my original end date, I've decided to extend the offer until MAY 2ND! **

Aloha everybody!

Tiki season is coming early this year (seems like it never ended!) and I'm gearing up for some vending events a little of my beaten path: the Kon Tiki Relight the Night event in Tucson, and Tiki Cailente II in Palm Springs.

To help offset the cost of these trips, I'm holding a raffle to raise travel funds!

I've created a new framed vinyl tiki map. This time it's Rarotonga, "capitol" of the Cook Islands, complete with a tangaroa tiki. Map measures 11"x17".

There are 50 tickets, and each ticket consists of a 4"x 6" numbered, hand-rubbed linoblock print of the map (suitable for framing!) and a 2" resin tangaroa face pendant. Tickets are 10.00 each.

So even if you don't win the map, you still get some fun art fer yer 10 bucks!

If you are interested, please PM me for details!

I'll also have tickets available at the Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale this Sunday, the 28th, so you can pick one up there!

Raffle will run until Sunday, MAY 2ND, and I'll draw a winner then.

Please lemme know if you have any questions!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2010-05-02 23:52 ]

L

My lovely friend I sent $20 for 2 tickets.

Even if I don't win the picture I am happy to support ya!

OMG The Furry Map thats my Favorite!!!!

T

Mahalo to everyone who bought tickets at the Tonga Hut parking lot sale today!

Please PM me for payment details if you would like to enter!

Thanks fer lookin'!
Yer pal.
Eric October!

L

I am bumpin this thread Eric!

Everyone always comments how much they love your art so spend $10 and try to win a piece of it .

Come on slackers!

I'll buy a ticket! ( p.m will be sent promptly )

I'M IN !

[ Edited by: TIKIVILLE 2010-04-01 11:26 ]

I've got mine,x2!!
I think this is a great idea for a raffle, even if you don't win, you still have a nice keepsake!!

L

Love the pendant Eric -- now there is one less I need to buy out of all the ones you make!

The prints are great too.

COme on guys...$10 for Eric October art??

SOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!

Eric, these are beautiful & such a deal!
I sent you a pm.
~Kele

T

Thank you everybody who's entered so far! Sold some tickets this weekend at Kon Tiki Relight the Night, but still plenty left!

PM me fer details!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

Got my print and pendant in the mail today! Looks great, Thanks Eric!

Got mine as well!
Mahalo groovy too!

Got mine a couple days ago. It's great!

L

I am bumping this Eric.....

come on guys I do hope I win but lets help Eric out !

Plus...the pendant you get is well worth the $10 not to mention the print.

Paypal-ed you Eric! Thanks!

T

Mahalo to everybody that has entered so far!

A few people asked if I would have tickets at Bamboo Ben's on the 2nd, so since that's only a week after my original end date, I've decided to extend the offer until MAY 2ND!

PM me fer details if you are interested, or enter at Bamboo Ben's on the 2nd!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

T

OK, after returning from Bamboo Ben's, where a last few brave souls decided to take the plunge and enter the raffle today, I am happy to announce a winner!

A scientific method was used to divine who won: I put all the numbers on teeny pieces of paper, put 'em in a shaker comprised of two beachcomber hats, shook vigorously, and had Manuel close his eyes and pick!

I know, awful of me to make you scroll past the pix to find out who won...

Lucky number 12... Jason Daye, AKA TikiDaye!

Congratulations, Jason!

And a HUGE MAHALO to everybody who entered! I hope everyone who didn't win the framed map still feel they got something of value!

Thanks fer entering!
Yer pal,
Eric October!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2010-05-03 12:57 ]

Hi Eric,
It was nice meeting you at Ben's Sunday, I was exhausted from 2 weeks of prep for the event,so sorry
for any incoherence on my part.

Congratulations TikiDaye and thanks again Eric for the great raffle (and pendant and print!).

Z

Go, TikiDaye!

You are just brimming with the luck of Lono, man...
I might just have to write up congratulations and keep pasting it in :)
~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-05-03 11:10 ]

DZ

Are you sure that doesn't say "21" (MY number)?? :P

Conrats, TikiDaye, & thanks Mr. O for the awesome pendant, print & chance to win - you doing another one soon?

T

Eric,

Thanks for the fun raffle and I am excited to be receiving this awesome piece. I was happy with the pendant and numbered stamp... now I get the big piece too! I just showed my Tribe (I have 6 kiddos aged 6-13) the picture of what I won and they are as excited as I am.

Thanks again... and thanks to Manuel for the picking mojo :)

Peace & blessings!
Jason <

Thanks for the fun. I love my pendant & print!

Pages: 1 22 replies