Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Old Tiki Lamp

Pages: 1 8 replies

I picked this old lamp up yesterday...

Has anyone seen one before? I was wondering what the age/origin is?

Now I need to find a shade for it!

Thanks,

PTD

Nope. A Tiki mystery. The color is blinding when lit with a flash, is that paint job original? What's it made out of... plastic, ceramic, earthenware ? A curious fella for sure.

On 2010-03-29 14:08, bigbrotiki wrote:
Nope. A Tiki mystery. The color is blinding when lit with a flash, is that paint job original? What's it made out of... plastic, ceramic, earthenware ? A curious fella for sure.

Yes, the flash did brighten up a bit. Made of wood and as far as I can tell, original red paint. Underneath paint on the base is black. Up close, the wood has a chiseled look, hard to tell from the picture, though!

PTD

cool piece, D. that style looks familiar, but I can't place it right now. strange looking socket tho. is the plug old/original? can't tell from the pic. The socket doesnt look like it's made in the US. can you post more pics?
Interesting stuff being found out there...i love spring!

More shots...if it wasn't originally red, then it was originally black...

Like most old cords on lamps, this one has been "professionally" replaced!

PTD

thanks for the extra pics. i guess the socket doesnt look so odd on closer inspection, but definitely old.

Cool find PTD .

That tone of red looks very 70s to me, it might have been updated from its "un-groovy" black then. :)
This could be a good prop for the film "The Maltese Tiki". If someone would make it.

M

With the straight slot screws in the bottom, I would say it was made in the early 50's or before. They started useing philip screws in the mid50's for manufacturing.Just a guess.

Pages: 1 8 replies