Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Enchanted Tiki Room Soundtrack On CD?

Pages: 1 7 replies

I did a search and only came across this topic which, while informative, didn't have the answer I was looking for. Please forgive me if this question's been asked before...

Does anyone know if the box set "A Musical History Of Disneyland" is the only place to get a hard, commercially manufactured, copy of the Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack? I'd love to have it on CD in my collection.

[ Edited by: DejaVoodoo 2010-03-29 12:17 ]

[ Edited by: DejaVoodoo 2010-03-29 12:18 ]

[ Edited by: DejaVoodoo 2010-03-29 12:18 ]

On 2010-03-29 12:31, Hakalugi wrote:
Here's a start:
http://02d992c.netsolstores.com/enchantedtikiroomcd.aspx

Is that site for real? Has anyone ordered this particular CD? Is it a CD-R or commercially pressed CD? Sorry for all the questions. The price is certainly more attractive at $10 versus $90+ for the "A Musical History Of Disneyland" box set!

T

I've picked up numerous DVD's & CD's from Extinct Attractions and all of them were great. You can buy from them with confidence.

H

Yes, Extinct Attractions is for real and that disk is just one of many they have regarding the ETR. However, I believe it is a CDR.

A few years ago Disney was offering the original soundtrack ( http://tinyurl.com/yh2sl4u ) as an on-demand disk. But that too was a CDR.

A

DéjàVoodoo - it was an on-demand item that was available at Disneyland just a few years back. I got mine through ebay - keep an eye out, you may spot another one some day. It's the full original show, including the Offenbach segment. The "B" side, also included on the disc, is a 'ride-through' of sorts of the Jungle Cruise, with narration by Thurl Ravenscroft. The 'label' on the disc is a repro of the purple Disneyland Records label. Pretty cool item to have, actually. Good luck!

X
xtine posted on Sun, Jan 2, 2011 3:12 PM

Hi Folks! Got a FANTASTIC high quality version for Christmas. PM me if you would like like the MP3.

C

Thanks for the offer - I've pm'd you.

In addition, I have a fairly scratchy 45 of Disney's "A Musical Tour Of Adventureland." Side 1 is pretty mediocre, but side two has some cool, exotica-esque spots like "Distant Drums," and "Tribal Dances." If anyone is interested, I can rip it, but like I said, not great quality.

Pages: 1 7 replies