Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 3-31-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

The theme of the March 31 show was vocals and vocalizations of all kinds. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: March 31, 2010

“Pagan Love Song” by Jo Stafford from the collection: Broadway’s Gone Hawaii)

“On a Little Bamboo Bridge” by Louis Armstrong with Andy Aiona and His Islanders (Recorded in March 1937) from the CD: Jazz Goes Hawaiian

“Palolo” by the Sol Hoopii Trio from the CD: Hawaiian Steel Guitar Classics–Historic Recordings 1927-1938

“Maui Girl” by Andy Cummings & His Hawaiian Serenaders from the CD of the same name

“Wahine ‘Ilikea” from the CD: Eddie Kamae Presents The Best of Sons of Hawaii, Volume 1

“Hale’iwa Hula” by Amy Hanaiali’i Gilliom & Willie K from the collection: Hawaii – Music From the Islands of Aloha

“Oh, Pretty Woman” the Roy Orbison classic performed by the Matt Catingub Orchestra of Hawaii from the CD: Back to Romance

“A Taste of Honey” from the LP: The Don Ho Show!

“Princess Poo-Poo-Ly Has Plenty Papaya” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack from their CD: Shake Those Hula Hips with vocals by Debbie Boone

“Maui No La Ka Oi” by King Nawahi’s Hawaiians from the CD: King Bennie Nawahi – Hawaiian String Virtuoso – Acoustic Steel Guitar Classics From the 1920s

“I Ola Kakou Na Hawai’i” by Na Leo from their CD: Hula Mai Kakou

“Maile Swing” by Raiatea from her CD: Sweet & Lovely

“Midnight Sun” by June Christy from the CD anthology also named Sweet and Lovely – Capitol’s Great Ladies of Song

“Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing)” from the 1958 recording: Anita O’Day Sings the Winners

“Honeysuckle Rose” by Mark Murphy, from his 1960 LP: Playing the Field

“You’ll See” by Jackie Ryan, with Cyrus Chestnut on Piano, from her two-CD set: Doozy

Pages: 1 0 replies