Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tikinator plastic tumblers - was tiki farm ripped off?

Pages: 1 15 replies

cruising through jo-ann fabrics store here in the midwest i stumbled upon plastic tiki tumblers for sale that are the tikinator tiki mug design from tiki farm....only these are obviously clear, but with all the same details and the sunglasses....are these tumblers sanctioned by tiki farm or is this another case of stolen tiki designs....remember last year when pariarts pauls little tiki signs were knocked off and sold at these same jo-ann fabrics stores.....i can post pics of these mugs shortly but wanted to see if anyone knew anything further about this.....

H

Yes, please post pics.
I don't know know anything about it either way but until proven otherwise, I call shenanigans!

Ya I remember the tiki signs copy... I saw a shop here on maui that had copied the warrior tiki mug that Squid designed.. Post some pics of that tikinator...
Is it really that hard to make or find your own design?????

I went to another jo-ann's last nite and found nothing....It's weird because they are just gettting rid of their easter stuff and have yet put the this years tiki stuff out.....the jo-ann's where i found the tumblers is a small store that only had a little summer luau stuff on the shelve and all of it was already priced 50% off....

I'll get the picture up here...maybe holden will chime in...after all, it effects him the most and if he's not concerned, why should we be?..

Behold!!! plastic tikinator tumbler !!!

....8 inches tall !!

" In a perfect world...Elvis would still be alive ....and all the elvis impersonators would be dead!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-04-04 06:54 ]

On 2010-04-04 06:54, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Behold!!! plastic tikinator tumbler !!!

Wow! Had to see a side-by-side to really be sure. No doubts now.

(imgae on right from the collection of TikiToddtheSurfGod on Oooga-mooga)

Has anybody e-mailed Holden this link?
I'm sure he doesn't scan TC looking at every thread posted.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-04-04 10:53, bigtikidude wrote:
Has anybody e-mailed Holden this link?
I'm sure he doesn't scan TC looking at every thread posted.

Jeff(btd)

which is why i included tiki farm in the thread title....so it would be easily visible to him.....but good idea you had...why don't YOU send him the link....

S
squid posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 2:01 PM

It appears that TF has retired it. But as Tikinator is Rick Rietveld's copyrighted design, he's the damaged party here, unless he has licensed to the manufacturer of this plastic thingy. I sent him a heads-up.

Authorized or not, at least they did a good job with it.

Imitation and flattery and some sort of cliché that I am screwing up at the moment.....

TS

Cease and desist order!!
Then Holden should ask Jo ann to carry his mugs! :wink:

SD

I hate seeing crap like this. I hope RR gets there ass or at least sends them a threatening letter.

Uncreative people suck!

Jen

On 2010-04-06 15:21, Skinny Dog wrote:
I hate seeing crap like this. I hope RR gets there ass or at least sends them a threatening letter.

GUILTY!!! HANG EM!!

Whoa, whoa...WHOA. I hope Rick licensed this to them and he is making a fortune.
Why the hell is everyone assuming that this is a rip off?
Everyone chill till we find out.

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2010-04-07 04:26 ]

T

Hi Everyone-
Mr. Rietveld and the Farm are aware of this item and are handling it. The crazy things you find in "The Wild"!

For those of you looking for the Authentic Tikinator, they are not retired, just temporarily out of stock.

TS

I guess it was a safe assumption to say they were bootleged in China...:lol:

Pages: 1 15 replies