Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Dynotones at Dons this Sat. April 10th

Pages: 1 20 replies

If you are not going to Arizona this weekend for The Kon Tiki event.

Join the Dynotones, http://www.dynotones.com/ , http://www.myspace.com/dynotones
for a evening of Hot Rod Surf.

and the entertainment calendar at the Don's site has been updated.
http://www.donthebeachcomber.com/calendar.html

and get yer Dynotones, tiki farm mug at the show.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-04-06 12:09 ]

J

It's looking like 95% chance I'll be there. I know a lot of you will be at the Kon Tiki this weekend. I'd go myself, but I already have a Tucson trip planned for later this month.

Anywas, anyone else planning on heading to Don's this Saturday?

If my Az. trip plans fall thru, I will go to this.
But I am really wanting to go to Az.
But the Dynotones are great.
there is no other band, that had their sound/style
definitely a band that has the groove to make your booty move.

S

I plan on going but am playing a bbq in the late afternoon..Depends on many beers and ribs I have..

We'll be at The Hula Girls show the night before, but we're going to try to swing this one too. Love me some Dynotones.

wow Tiki Kitty comes out of Lurker mode.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Oh yes, I've been a-lurkin'. I just haven't had much to say lately, but that's bound to change. :wink:

On 2010-04-07 10:47, slapbass wrote:
I plan on going but am playing a bbq in the late afternoon..Depends on many beers and ribs I have..

So, you won't be showing up then? hahaha!

I'm gonna try and stop by after my gig at the Carpenter Center.... if there are no check points!

Haven't supported my buddies in a while. Viva la Dynotones!

(Dan's flyer is awesome btw..)

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2010-04-08 09:12 ]

yeah the flyer is great.

Tiki Kitty - There's someone looking for you and wants to meet you out back!

TK

On 2010-04-08 11:41, Daves Not Home wrote:
Tiki Kitty - There's someone looking for you and wants to meet you out back!

Haha! :wink:

Wait.....really?

S

Is there a cover charge?

No,
the shows in the bar are free.
unless otherwise noted.

Jeff(btd)

but get there before 9pm,
as you might have a bit of a wait for a table or spot at the bar.

The Mongoloids will be in da house! Rum Barrel, pupus and Dynotones! Shoots!

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2010-04-10 15:05 ]

J

Alas, this sickness has done me in. I cannot make it tonight :(

Drink one for me, will ya?

• josheboy -

reports?
pics.

wanted to be there,
But Az. was too tempting.

Jeff(btd)

We got there right at 4 and left a little after 10. Logged over 6 hours sitting at the bar. It was crowded throughout the night with an eclectic mix of people. Noticed alot of people admiring the mugs in the case (looks like its maxed out now) and that inspired them to purchase the mugs Dons has for sale. The Dynatones were ripping and everyone there was feeling the reverb down to the bone!

The Press-Telegram's sports columnist, Doug Krikorian, was at Don's last Saturday and wrote about it in todays (4/13/10) column.

It's the last 6 lines.
Press Telegram: Doug Krikorian

"Something happened to me Saturday night at Don The Beachcomber's in Sunset Beach that was an historical first - the bartender refused to mix me a drink even though I hadn't even had one the entire day. I ordered a vodka Navy Grog - and she actually said house rules prevented her from making it with anything but rum. The establishment is owned by the one-time revered Los Angeles City Councilman, Art Snyder, an old acquaintance with a keen knowledge of spirits who solemnly swears he's not responsible for such a Draconian edict. "

Surprised he was there. He does not seem like he would be a Dynotones fan.

P

I was there Saturday night, a consolation for missing the Kon Tiki event. The place was PACKED, and not just in the bar. It was the busiest I had ever seen it. The drinks were good despite Marie's absence and the food was excellent, so that is proof that Don's can handle a busy night much better than Kona ever could. Dynotones were loud and sounded really good, although everything they play sounds pretty much alike. All in all an enjoyable evening.

Pages: 1 20 replies