Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

FOM Queequeg Chapter Meet and Greet, 5-8, Amesbury, MA

Pages: 1 37 replies

Aloha!

You are invited to a meet and greet, hosted by the Queequeg chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai, at jpmartdog's beautiful Exotic Island Art Studio, in Amesbury, MA, on Saturday, May 8 at 4:00 PM! Food and drinks will be provided by the Queequeg chapter and contributions of same will be welcomed! :D Northeasterners, we'd love to see you there!

Exotic Island Art Studio
18 Chestnut Street
Amesbury, MA

Please give us a heads up if you're coming, so we know how many people to expect.

T

Count me in! Yay, Meat & Greet!

YAY!!! MAY 8 in Amesbury!!!!

H

Count me in. I will bring a missing pie that should have been on the F.O.M cake versus pie contest, a coconut cream pie.

[ Edited by: HonuHenry 2010-04-06 16:38 ]

X
xtine posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 8:42 AM

I AM IN!

X
xtine posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 8:43 AM

Also, let us know what we can bring!

It will be great to see you all!

Any kind of food or drink item will be most welcome! We'll be providing a couple of cocktail choices, but we're always open to more. I'm bringing sweet-and-sour chicken. :)

See you there!

H

Baz and I would love to come! Thanks so much!

Awesome, extremely generous of jpmartdog to offer the space up.

All this, AND Pie!?!?!? Oh I'll be there!

Will bring 2, yes, count'em, TWO coconut creame pies. That is one leftover that I will not mind bringing back hone (if there are any slices left) Mahalo!

Sounds great, HonuHenry! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Just a tease of whats inside the big Gray warehouse, that is Exotic Island Art Studio
(see more in this thread http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35847&forum=20&13

Anyone in the mood to roll dem bones

Looking forward to hosting you all at the studio!

Online at
http://www.jonmooers.com
http://www.exoticislandartstudio.com

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2010-04-26 21:25 ]

Can't Wait!!!!

H

That looks awesome!!!

Can't wait to see it in person! Thanks for opening up your tiki wonderland to us!

Jon, it gets more amazing all the time!

Can't wait to see everyone! All are welcome! Please let us know if you're coming so that we know how much rum to bring! :wink:

Do to my Hot Rod show schedule, I don't get to make it to very many gatherings, but I have nothing going on that weekend. Right now it looks like a go. I'm very much looking forward to meeting folks I've only had contact with on here & reconnecting with those of you I have met in person. Is there anything in particular I can bring or anything I can do to help? Please let me know.
Mahalo,
Rick

T

Only a few days left to wait! Can't wait to see the updates to the Island & see everyone. Oh & liquor I am looking forward to some of that as well!

Any contributions of food and/or drink are very welcome! I'm making sweet-and-sour chicken, plus it sounds like there will be some great desserts. Anything you'd like to bring would be just great.

Less than two weeks to go! I can't wait to see you all on May 8!

[ Edited by: velveteenlounge 2010-04-29 12:54 ]

Can't wait to get together with everyone!

Im making teriyaki steak and pineapple skewers... and jello shots

I'm making a giant tub of Reverb Crash cocktails. And maybe some Blood of the Kapu Tiki.

C

Ah man.....you guys are making me Hungry AND Thirsty!!!!!

Sounds like a blast & your lair is looking AWESOME, Jon!!!!!!!!!

WooHoo, can't wait!!!!

J

One day to go! woo hoo

Hope to see a lot of New England Tikiphiles Tomorrow!!!

4:00 right? Can't wait!!!

Yes, 4:00 it is! Can't wait!

J

Just thought Id mention my friends collectible store - right around the corner from 'EXOTIC ISLAND'- Some of you may enjoy popping in to their shop, they have a great mix of mid century stuff and it is all wicked cheap! They have a store, and never any customers - here are some pics

A lot more in there - than I took pictures of. The store is literally 1 minute away - so come a few minutes early and I'll bring you over - or we can all go over at a particular time
Just an idea! -

Good to know!

BK

Are you trying to drain my wallet? What a great store!

D

oh my. are those Franciscan Plates???

T

Wow where is this store? Must go there! Oh & to the Island as well, can't wait to see everyone today!

Beth

Regarding directions, the Exotic Island Art Studio is on the right side of Chestnut Street, by an auto shop. If you get to the quonset hut, you've gone too far.

See you all soon! :D

J

Yes, Thats right Kelly - The Art Studio is in a large gray warehouse - I share the building with German Autsport - I am on the right side. If you arrive by GPS - it will put you about 300 yards away. Simply continue down the hill along the brick mill building and I am on your right - a steep driveway - to a large parking lot in front of the gray warehouse.
My phone is 978-792-6029, if you get lost!
See you all in a few hours!

T

The place looks great, the drinks were potent, and the company was a blast as always. I'm a bit worried about the curse of Kona but I should be okay.

Thanks Jon for a wonderful evening!

Beth

H

Wow, thanks to Jon and all the Queequegs for putting on this terrific evening! What an amazing space - as well as great food, awesome drinks, and wonderful music and company! Thanks for opening the Exotic Island to us - you did an amazing job!

Some pics...

An overview of the space...

Captain Quad at the amazing bar...

Kristiki and Rev_Thumper about to unveil the cake...

And what a cake it was!

One of the many classic reels we were lucky enough to view...

Another shot of the place...

The Granite Tiki plays for us among the naked ladies and rescued tiki items!

We had some amazing food...

A good time was had by all! So great to see everyone again. Thanks again, Jon!

Wow! What a great time. It was nice meeting everyone in person & Jon, thank you so much for your hospitality. Karan & I really enjoyed ourselves. The Gilligan's Island episode & the vocal stylings of The Granite Tiki were pure entertainment gold & Exotic Island's ambience is something special. I've got to learn how to play craps one of these days. I'm definitely gonna try to make it to more New England Tikiphile events. Mahalo,
Rick

PS: Give Kona a little scritch on the head for me!

Pages: 1 37 replies