Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 2 Room Crawl Official Thread-Updated almost daily

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies

“Now is the time for all good mixologists to come to the aid of their fellow crawlers.”

Wildsville Man just gave us the “thumbs-up” for the 1st Official Room Crawl of Tiki Caliente II and we want to get this party started right!

For those of you whom have done this before, what more can we say except “get ready to get your drink on!”?

For those of you “crawl virgins”, here’s the deal: We have “Hosts” and “Crawlers”. Hosts will open up their rooms to the masses and ply their special concoctions on those brave(or lucky) enough to try them. Some hosts have been doing this for years, so you may be in for a real treat! Other hosts will be working on their first creations and may or may not have a drink that’ll stay down. That’s the fun of it! You never know what to expect other than every host will do their most!

Now Crawlers have responsibilities of their own! First and foremost is to be courteous to the hosts! Remember, you are their guests! Secondly, it is fair to say that the hosts will have ponied up a small fortune to make sure they have the ingredients to make your drinks. Tipping is a way to help the host defray the costs….YOUR GENEROSITY IS ENCOURAGED!

PM us if you are interested in hosting a room party. The hosts should plan on 30-45mins of “hosting” and hosting should be before and after the entertainment is on stage. We will post the hosts and their libations as they come in.

All Crawlers should be Tiki Caliente guests and have wristbands. This event is for the OHANA, can you dig? We will have “Crawl Cards” to hand out to those who are “in”. We’ll keep a running total.
If you have been involved with a room crawl before, then you know how much fun they are! It’s a great way to meet people and try out a new drink (or ten!) If this is your first time, then you are also in for a great time.

Cheers!
WooHooWahine & SoccerTiki

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-04-17 11:45 ]

This spot "Reserved" for the "Host" list...

Tonga Hut (room featuring HipHipHula behind the bar!)
Pi Phi Ro (Always a fun drink!)
WooHooWahine (And her infamous WooHoo Juice)
Queen Kamehameha and Ray (with entertainment)
Cheeky Girl
Tiki Pops
TikiDude & Mrs.
Appleton's Rum

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-05-20 13:57 ]

This spot "Reserved" for the "Crawlers" list...(must be 21 or older)
Mr & Mrs Tikilands + 2 sisters
Mr & Mrs HB Tiki + daughter
Jetson
TikiDude +1
Moai Matt & Maui Mary
Tiki Shaker +2
Mongoloid & Mrs.
Gogo & Dani
Happy Chi
Doug Horne
Picture Show Gallery (Mike & Karen)
Tiki Kiniki
Bewitched By Tiki
Tangaroa-Ru
Chris and Sarah
Tiki Lees +1
Tiki Kitty & Trevor
Al-ii
Pi Phi Ro
Tiki Mingo +1
Jobu +1
Congawa +1
Cheeky Girl +1
Easter Island Elvis +1
PolyPop +1
Tiki Moai +1
Bong!!!
DP & Keke @Flaming Tiki +1
TikiDude & Mrs.
Animiki +2
Makalekahaimekhainiho +1
lilusako + 1
Torkertiki + 1
Hakalugi + 3
The TikiGuy +5
The Martini Kings
hiltiki +1
Hinano Paul & Mrs. Lurker

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-05-20 10:05 ]

T

WooHoo!
Glad to see this started. Count Mr and Mrs Tikilands as well as our sisters. Yep we have converted our sisters and they now love the tiki scene and our very excited to attend their first tiki event. So total of 4 crawlers. Thanks for starting this Chris and Karen. If you need any help passing out cards or making cards let me know. I am willing to help you guys and Roy in any way.

HT

Please count Mr. and Mrs. HB TIKI and daughter for the room crawl. Thanks for starting the list.

This spot "Reserved" for the "Who Wants To Get Lay'ed!" list...

:D

J
Jetson posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2010 3:46 PM

Yes! TIme to buy some new crawlin shoes!

TH

Count us in! The Tonga Hut would Dig hosting a room. On Hand will be our Premiere Tiki Mixologist, Bartender, Hiphipahula-Kelly Reilly. We are very much looking forward to hosting this is our first time to do so and we are stoked!

On 2010-04-06 16:50, tonga hut wrote:
Count us in! The Tonga Hut would Dig hosting a room. On Hand will be our Premiere Tiki Mixologist, Bartender, Hiphipahula-Kelly Reilly. We are very much looking forward to hosting this is our first time to do so and we are stoked!

Very cool! The first to step up! We'll discuss times as the event draws near.

If anyone needs there room numbers let me know.........I have the map and numbers already.

I may have to mix it up myself......

T

Wonderful. If possible can I get my room numbers. I reserved another king room for Friday/Saturday last night for my sisters. So I should have two rooms reserved. Thanks again. Can't wait.

Room 247 looking over the pool and room 136 overlooking Chris and Karen in room 135!!!!! I don't know which one is better!!!!Dig that room crawl!!!!!

W

Too much fun for the average man!!!!!

H
hiway7 posted on Wed, Apr 7, 2010 2:20 PM

Glad this events lands on our anniversary.

Just booked our room and 2 mugs. Look forward to meeting you all!

-Jason

T

Please add two to crawl!!!

Only 52 days until Tiki Caliente II... Calling all potential Hosts and Crawlers to get on board!

I wanna go! I was there for a week last august. Hopefully i get a room. 2nd Tiki Event.

What's your favorite drink? In only 49 days you'll be able to test it on your fellow Tiki Caliente 2 partiers!
Is it June yet?

My gf Cristine, my brother Chris, and I are looking forward to crawlin!

P

Booked my room today. It is awfully close to my Easter Island trip but... what they hey! A room crawl at the CT brings back memories! Throwing my hat in as a potential crawl host. I am not sure what drink I will do.

Don't forget to let us know if you're crawlin' or hostin'. Crawls will be before or after the entertainment...Someone is even talking about a mimosa/bloody mary crawl in the morning!!!

I cant really host a room crawl as I am vending and I dont drink . Maybe I should have a Redbull room crawl ? Better yet, have someone set me up with a smoker and some ribs and Ill make my polynesian ribs till they are gone . After Als floating cocktail party, I know that they dont last long . And I didnt even make my watermelon/ginger barbeque sauce .

On 2010-04-19 11:09, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Better yet, have someone set me up with a smoker and some ribs and Ill make my polynesian ribs till they are gone .

oh hell yeah, you do that, and I will line up at 6 am.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Tiki Ray's "Red Bull and Ribs Room"????

Hey Soccer - Put me down as a Room Hostess. I will be serving WooHoo Juice in the Tiki Caliente 2 Room Crawl Headquarters Room 135 :) WoooHooooo!

Preparing myself to be this stoked

We've got 4 Room Hosts as of tonight.....Come on, step up and make some drinks AND new friends!!!

WooHooo! Tiki Caliente is just around the corner :)

Is the room crawl happening Saturday? If so, please put me down to be a "crawler"! Mahalo!

On 2010-04-27 13:19, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Is the room crawl happening Saturday? If so, please put me down to be a "crawler"! Mahalo!

The Room Crawls will be taking place all weekend Before/After Entertainment :)

Aloha!

Tiki Lee's plus One, Pleeze!

Over 32 "Crawlers" so far!!! (And I know a few 'lurkers' who haven't chimed in yet!!!) And 5 "Hosts" so far...I expect there to be about 10 "Hosts" for the weekend. If you're interested in hosting, please let us know asap. We are going to be handing out Crawl Cards and Host Badges and we need to know names within the next couple weeks. TIKI CALIENTE II is only 37 days away!! HOSTS-Plan your hosting before or after the entertainment times (6pm-10pm Fri & Sat) Mahaloz!

On 2010-04-05 21:35, SoccerTiki wrote:

Al-ii (A master mixologist!)

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-04-27 12:53 ]

WooHooo! :)

On 2010-04-05 21:36, SoccerTiki wrote:
Jetson
TikiDude +1
Moai Matt & Maui Mary
Tiki Shaker +2
Mongoloid & Mrs.
Gogo & Dani
Happy Chi
Doug Horne
Tiki Kiniki
Bewitched By Tiki
Tangaroa-Ru
Chrisandsarahb
Tiki Lees +1
Tiki Kitty & Trevor
Al-ii
Pi Phi Ro

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-04-28 07:40 ]

WooHoo! :)

Put down 2 to crawl. It's my first year...so I think I should get a feel for things before I try to host :)

J
JOBU posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2010 11:16 AM

Bobbie and I staying offsite with the kid...otherwise we would love to host.
So please put us down for JOBU +1 for the CRAWL
Thanks WooHoo

JOBU

T

Is it possible to ask that every third crawl room have at least one Redbull or Rockstar for a sober starving artist? Im always overlooked unless I get to Al's place . He serves up a pretty festive coke .

T

Well here we go! ROOKIE HOSTS!! Put us down as hosts & crawlers. I already have some Red Bull.
See you there!!
Mike & Karen.

On 2010-04-30 08:49, TikiPops wrote:
Well here we go! ROOKIE HOSTS!! Put us down as hosts & crawlers. I already have some Red Bull.
See you there!!
Mike & Karen.

WooooHooooo! It's going to be fun!!!

C

Put us down as 2 crawlers:

• Brent (Caltiki/congawa) & Christine

Plus 2 more (since they are coming but are staying off-site, but may be crawling a little during the day):

• Edwin (Rama Lama) & Julia (Nepheria)

So 4 crawlers total

We are saving up to do several hosting parties again at Tiki Oasis (the Ding Dong Devils suite), and won't have our full contingent at TC, so right now it doesn't look like we can do any hosting for TC (though who knows, we might whip up some snacks or something).

Jeff and I will def, crawl...contemplating hosting as well on Saturday.

Okay, I'll host, I've never missed a crawl/host spot at the Tropics...so why stop now. I'll most likely make something out of the grog log. Mahalo!

You can count Easter Island Elvis in PLUS girlfriend! Can't wait till June!!

29 days til Tiki Caliente 2 and the "Crawlers" and "Hosts" are coming out of the woodwork now! Get your name to us so we can have a "Crawl Card" for you!

REMEMBER-YOU MUST HAVE A WRISTBAND (be part of the event) TO ATTEND THE CRAWL(S)!!!!

On 2010-04-05 21:35, SoccerTiki wrote:

Al-ii (A master mixologist!)
Tiki Joe's Pop
Cheeky Girl
Tiki Pops

WooHooo! :)

On 2010-04-05 21:36, SoccerTiki wrote:
Jetson
TikiDude +1
Moai Matt & Maui Mary
Tiki Shaker +2
Mongoloid & Mrs.
Gogo & Dani
Happy Chi
Doug Horne
Tiki Kiniki
Bewitched By Tiki
Tangaroa-Ru
Chrisandsarahb
Tiki Lees +1
Tiki Kitty & Trevor
Al-ii
Pi Phi Ro
Tiki Mingo +1
Jobu +1
Congawa +1
Cheeky Girl +1
Easter Island Elvis +1

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2010-05-06 06:37 ]

Double WooHoo!!

Crawlin +1

T

Two more crawlers please! We'll be hanging with the Picture Show crowd.

Please add 2 more to the list.....
also, what is better for Host/Hostess gifts
Rum or money?

Patricia

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies