Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Come Fly with Don Tiki

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha All. Just a heads up...Hawaiian Airlines will be showing a 10 minute documentary on Don Tiki filmed in HD on all of their domestic and international flights. It will have a 2 month run, so if heading this way in April or May be sure to keep an eye out for it. If not, you can check it out here: http://www.hawaiian-skies.com/blog/20100323/don-tiki

Great video Floyd, congrats on the "product placement". Love the sound of Don Tiki, the video shows great costuming, dancing, and the whole package (but that Delmar is an interesting looking guy :wink: ) I had picked up a few Don Tiki songs, looks like I need to go back for more.

TM

I have never been able to concentrate on this band. The dancers are too good looking, and then they got that Hai Jung chick on bass...it's too much, really! I don't know how the other band members are able to make it through a gig without having like, 8 heart attacks each!

Just search "Don Tiki Dancers" or "An occasional man" on youtube, and you will see what I mean. Don Tiki is evil and we must stop them!

Mahalos, MadDogMike! And Yes, Lucas is so right! These insatiable vixens have us under their spell,
demanding we play seductive tiki tunes for their hapless victims. We tried to warn you good people
in the lyrics of "The Natives Are Restless"..."they're just looking for some meat they can put in their stew."
Be careful out there, these are the forbidden sounds of Don Tiki after all.

H

Fluid Floyd, congrats on the great in-flight video.

So, where was this scene shot?

TM

You just want to torture me, right?

I am the president of her fanclub! (North American chapter)

Aye carumba!

TM

You see? I am not making any of this up!

Lucas - You lucky devil!!!!!~

Floyd, I love Occasional Man - such a fun and quirky song. Note to self, buy more Don Tiki music.

M

On 2010-04-06 20:26, Hakalugi wrote:
Fluid Floyd, congrats on the great in-flight video.
So, where was this scene shot?

La Mariana, of course!

TM

On 2010-04-06 21:04, MadDogMike wrote:
Lucas - You lucky devil!!!!!~

Floyd, I love Occasional Man - such a fun and quirky song. Note to self, buy more Don Tiki music.

Wow! I just noticed that dude in the middle...but it ain't me! (Just another bald guy!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucas, you know I've never met you. I looked at this picture and compared it with your cello(?) pic. I wasn't sure if it was you but same haircut, some body type, etc. I thought you looked younger than the other guy but I assumed it must be you or you wouldn't have posted the pic

TM

On 2010-04-07 08:27, MadDogMike wrote:

Lucas, you know I've never met you. I looked at this picture and compared it with your cello(?) pic. I wasn't sure if it was you but same haircut, some body type, etc. I thought you looked younger than the other guy but I assumed it must be you or you wouldn't have posted the pic

I posted it because I am infatuated with the Don Tiki band. The music is great, and of course...the visual presentation (...Ahem!) puts them over the top.

The dancer on the guy's left is "Summer", and she danced with the Smoking Menehunes one time. Frankly, this picture does not even do her justice! While she was dancing (and I have told this story before) I watched a guy in the audience holding his heart, in obvious agony. His friend were trying to console him. I am guessing either a heart attack or a panic attack, caused by her dancing. Later, on a break, she came up and said "hi" to me and just exchanged small talk. I basically could not speak English to her, and was just making gibberish, babbling incoherently. Like Cliff Clavin on "cheers" (Please to meet me, I mean, you, duh!)

So, I really don't know how the Don Tiki musicians keep it together. Check out the video on youtube with the "singer" being serenaded by Sherry Shaoling (Another one of their vocalists). It's completely over the top!

And of course, Delmar is also the manager of the band, GWAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM227VVGg04&feature=related

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor
http://www.myspace.com/thesmokinmenehunes
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-04-07 09:36 ]

Yes, they're maneaters. BTW, great version of that tune by the Smoking Menehunes!
If you're referring to the pic you posted of our dancers, it's actually from left to right:
Shylenn, Capella, Alaana and Carissa. Just their names take me away. The ever loverly
Summer used to dance with us but has relocated to the mainaland. The bald dude
in the middle? Just another hapless lovestruck victim. He did make our stew taste
quite delicious...

On 2010-04-06 18:34, lucas vigor wrote:
I have never been able to concentrate on this band. The dancers are too good looking, and then they got that Hai Jung chick on bass...it's too much, really! I don't know how the other band members are able to make it through a gig without having like, 8 heart attacks each!

Amen. Truer words have never been spoken or typed!
I would love to do a velvet painting of them!

Congrats Don Tiki! Hope to see you guys perform live one of these days!
Needs me a heart attack or 8!

TM

On 2010-04-07 12:57, Fluid Floyd wrote:
BTW, great version of that tune by the Smoking Menehunes!

Unfortunately, that song is NOT the smoking menehunes. It is the steel guitar player, Kevin Bullat (AKA Tiki Bong) and the great bass player Kevin Stewart from EXOTIKI. The rest of the Hawaiian music is us, though.

Jason, somehow I don't think Claudette is going to let those 4 gals pose for one of your SPECIAL black velvets! :lol:

Pages: 1 15 replies