Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Rose Bowl Flea Market

Pages: 1 4 replies

Anyone gonna be at the rose bowl flea market this weekend? I was hoping to find some good tiki stuff...

[ Edited by: TikiGabe661 2010-04-06 23:15 ]

You should have been herelast week...

And make sure you...

Don't miss this May 2nd.

A bunch of people from the swap meet down here buy stuff from the junk dealers and low price sellers with the intention of selling it at the rose bowl and long beach swap meets. They're always bragging about how they made $800 last weekend, or have a look of sheer panic as they scurry about on those sparse winter swap meet days, looking for at least one item to take up north and strike their fortunes with. The way they talk, it sounds like all the shoppers at those two swap meets are a bunch of rich fools who pay outlandish prices for everything that is cheap crap down here.

Good luck with the hunt! And remember, don't buy it if you don't know exactly what it is. It's either overpriced or some onyx non tiki Mexican chess piece and you'll suffer buyer's remorse! Unless you're one of them rich folks from up there...

My final piece of advice: sleep in on Sunday and amass your collection through ebay...
Buzzy Out!

Wow...

A little discouraging, since I kind of planned my whole trip around being there on Sunday. What is the mix of new vs. old being sold here? Anywhere else to go find bargains in LA over this weekend?

Thanks,

PTD

TikiGabe661 here's our advice for the Rose Bowl sale. Get there before it opens. Pay the higher price to get in. Do Not bother to walk the booths around the Bowl.

When you go through the gate turn LEFT and go directly to the antique sale area.

We saw tiki bars for sale super cheap that we couldn't bring home. We got lots of small wonderful tiki items. We found one shaker there for $6 that we have only seen in one collection. It's like the Trader Vic's shaker but small and it has a necklace. It's a favorite piece in our collection. http://www.claytikis.com

Go slow and look carefully. Take bags and bubble wrap with you. We had the best time. Wear a hat, long sleeves and sunscreen.If you still have energy you may walk the booths around the Bowl but we agree with Buzzy there was nothing of interest to be found there for a tiki collector. However there is always a first time. Wendy

If you find the mate we sure would like to buy it. If someone has a set for sale let us know.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-04-07 08:24 ]

M
Murph posted on Wed, Apr 7, 2010 1:33 PM

If you have never been... go!
It's a great event.
I always find something cool for my Tiki bar.
Sure there are some high priced vendors but I always seem to find a good deal on several items.

Like mentioned above turn left into the antique section.
We will probably be there this weekend.

Pages: 1 4 replies