Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Thee Swank Bastards & The Hard Riders @ The Double Down Saturday April 17th

Pages: 1 24 replies

Thee Swank Bastards and The Hard Riders will be playing at The Double Down Saloon on Saturday April 17th. Thee Swank Bastards will start the night off from 9:00pm - 11:00pm. I believe The Hard Riders will follow them at 11:00pm. Here is a list of the other bands for the night: Punk as a Doornail, Scurvy Shyster Bastards, Donkey Punch and Greed.

We hope to see some of you there cause it should be freakin fun. If you needed an excuse to go to Vegas well here it is!! Ha HA I am also planning on some quality time at Frankies that weekend too!!

Double Down Saloon 4640 PARADISE RD. LAS VEGAS, NV 89169 702-791-5775

http://www.doubledownsaloon.com

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-04-07 09:48 ]

If I could, you know I would be there man,
have a great show,
and Ride Hard!!

Jeff(btd)

Hey! I'll be in town for work (Drag Races at the Speedway).

I haven't been to the DD since the Huntington Cads played there in the mid 90's...Or, Maybe a Neptunas show?

I'll try to make it!

J

That makes two from "Bay City". Samo represent !!

Looking forward to this Sat, Spermy. I can't think of a more appropriate venue for the Punk Rock sounds of the Hard Riders than the DD.

I'll be hanging south of the Sahara Ave borderline this trip so no Frankie's for me. I'll be getting my drink on at the Dispensary Lounge.

See ya !!

I am super stoked that you guys can make it!!! Anybody interested in meeting Laura and I at Frankies?? We will be there at some point on Friday night. PM me if you want my cell #

J

My friends and I probably won't be getting in until late on Friday. I think the plan is to then enjoy $3 micro-brews at Ellis Island. I'll give you a call on Saturday to see what you're up to and to confirm the show schedule.

Will there be any TC LV locals at the show? (Mr. Smiley ??)

Just found out I've got the night off. I will try to get some babysitter coverage and make it to the DD. But I think Frankies should be a great launching point. The bands don't come on until late. I'm not familiar with the bands but if they are on TC they should be cool. btw I thought the microbrews were a dollar at Ellis Island.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2010-04-14 00:29 ]

J

On 2010-04-14 00:27, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
I will try to get some babysitter coverage and make it to the DD...

Cool. Wear an Aloha shirt (preferably one with Tikis) so we can spot you out. I'm not sure however if the Swank Bastards also draw a "Hawaiian Tourist" crowd. What other handle do you go by? Sorry but it might be awkward to go up to someone and ask "Are you Trailerpark?". :)

....btw I thought the microbrews were a dollar at Ellis Island.

You might be right there. I hope you're right. :)

lol Almost as bad as asking people, "are you Mr. Smiley?" But I think there may be a lot of 'trailerpark boys' at the DD. Got the babysitter, now seeking a designated driver but I can pace myself if I can't find a driver. I'll wear an aloha shirt, most people call me Wade. The DD website shows Thee Swank Bastards playing early at 9.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2010-04-14 20:22 ]

Thee SWank bastards will play att 930 till 11ish and the hard riders will be on next.

Oh and if you are going to be out Friday write me for my number and we can all meet mr. whale

T

We're counting the minutes til Saturday night.

Can't wait.

RIDE HARD!!!

I can't wait. I'm driving, so no zombies for me, or Ass Juice (if you've been to the DD you know what I mean).

H

This is gonna be a great show. I wish I could be there.

bump. I hope to see the Vegas ohana at the Double Down tonight.

J

This was a great F'n show. The Swank Bastards (who I've embarrassingly never seen before) started out the night. They ripped through the Surf instrumentals (is this redundant?) from classic though new. Also on hand was a hula hoop burlesque dancer who added a whole new dimension to the entertainment. My favorite was a Surf version medley of popular 60's tunes like "Secret Agent Man" and the Munsters theme. This is a GREAT band and they'll be playing in May at Spikes's in Rosemead. I'm sure BigTikiDude will keep us in the loop.

Next up was the Hard Riders featuring TC's own Sperm Whale. Classic hardcore punk is a great follow-up to Surf. The Hard Riders were a punk rock freight train barreling along at top speed. When I saw them play in Mar Vista a few months ago they were tight but this show really kicked it up a notch. It might be that the Double Down is exceptionally good at channeling fast loud rock n' roll and/or inspiring the band. My favorite song was the one played before the "Bobble Heads" one. (Spermy, which song was that?)

I'm still in Vegas so I'll post some pictures when I'm back in LA (where my digital camera cord is).

Trailerpark Tiki, it was great to meet you and thanks for the "Ass Juice" (FYI for all of you, that's a DD signature cocktail :)). The next time I'm in town, I'll buy a round of bacon martinis.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-18 15:39 ]

Great time. Good tunes. Fun crowd.

Thanks for comming out you guys!!! It was awesome to see some familiar faces!!! It was nice to meet you Trailor Park. Also I wanna thank Shaun from Thee Swank Bastards and the Double Down for helping us out by getting us booked!! Thee Swank Bastard where freaking great saturday It was a great night and I felt like The Hard Riders where definatly ON last Saturday, too!!

John O - I belive the song you are thinking about is called "Hot Night On the Planet, Tonight" it is a new one. We have several new songs comming up soon. We are just working out the kinks right now!!
Please post pictures John I cant wait to see some!!

Thanks again everybody it was super fun!!

sounds like a hoot, wish I could have been there.
:(

Jeff(btd)

T

The Hard Riders rocked hard. So, so awesome. Too short though.

GREAT SHOW!

Thanks Tiki Pug and Don Brewski!! I am totally stoked you liked us!!

J

Here's some pics...

It was really hard to catch a clear shot of the Swank Bastards because of the extra lights and the filming.

(This was right before she took her top off)

The Hard Riders were even harder because Spermy was jumping around so much. Most of the time he was just a big blur.

Too much Punk Rock energy !! :D

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-04-21 22:52 ]

Thanks for the photo's John-O !!!

Pages: 1 24 replies