Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 4-7-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

The theme of the April 7 show was dance. Some of these selections may not seem quite Tiki to purists, but I thought they all fit well into the context of the show, with the exception of the Kronos Quartet piece, which I misremembered and wouldn’t choose to play on the air again.

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

Once again Number 8 turns into a smiley face with sunglasses; what gives with that?

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: April 7, 2010

1. “Swinging in a Coconut Tree” by Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five from the CD box set of the same name, Disc A: 1938-1940

2. “The Boogie Woogie” by Cab Calloway & His Orchestra from the CD box set of the same name-- Volume 2: 1938-1939, Disc C

3. “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack from their CD; Shake Those Hula Hips

4. “Tico Tico” by the Tailgators from the CD: Surf Guitar Greats – One Dozen Surf-Rock Instrumentals

5. “Polyamore” the Don Tiki song manipulated by Poi Dog Pondering from the anthology: Don Tiki Adulterated Mix)

6. “El Sinaloense (Dance Mix)” by Kronos Quartet and Plankton Man from the CD: Nuevo

7. “True Skool” from the CD: Coldcut Featuring Roots Manuva

8. “Anatomic” by the Afro Celt Sound System from the CD of the same name

9. “Ali’i Fire Dance” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from the CD: Stereoexotique)

10. “Love Dance” by Arthur Lyman from the CD: Taboo – The Greatest Hits of Arthur Lyman – The Sensual Sounds of Exotica

11. “El Submarino” by Cesar Concepcion and his Orchestra from the CD: El Sabado

12. “Sacha-Cha” by the Waitiki 7 from their CD: Adventures in Paradise

13. “Modern Muchacha” by Joe Loco From the Ultra Lounge Collection: Bongoland – Spicy Latin Licks – Hot Voodoo Chicks

14. “Eastern Joy Dance” by Tito Puente from the two-CD set: Party at Puente’s Place, Disc Two

15. “Voodoo Child (Slight Return)” by Angelique Kidjo from her CD: Oremi

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-04-10 04:37 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies