Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Did you thank your wife for putting up will all your Tiki crap?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Well... didya?

On 2010-04-11 11:26, MadDogMike wrote:
Well... didya?

She LOVES it... at least that's what i think a shaking head and tutting noise means...

No

Hell No!!! I thank her for putting up with my personal BS but thats about it. Besides my wife loves Tiki crap!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2010-04-11 15:17 ]

Funny you bring this up MDM, I guess I am lucky, Mrs ATP is really into the scene
She enjoys the decor, the cocktails etc.
She was the one who bought our BambooBen bar & cool Tiki lamps to add to all the stuff I build at our house.

Since we both came out of Music & Art scenes from our youth (I actually meet her for the first time at an X concert
at the Starwood in 1980) we just kind of jive.

TK

yes... i did. although she is secretly into the whole thing too.

Does your wife thank you for putting up with her " crap " ?
Lol
.... No really?! Lol

S

yeah, i thank her often.........she says that she likes it too......i think she does.
also tiki stuff is just plain good ol' fashion FUN!

On 2010-04-11 16:54, TIKIVILLE wrote:
Does your wife thank you for putting up with her " crap " ?
Lol
.... No really?! Lol

Exactly!!! I'm gonna buy you a drink for dat. Cheers!

My wife is a STS, a Silent TiKi Sufferer. Her favorite reaction is to roll her eyes. She did let me have one room in the house and the back yard. After a rough recovery from brain surgery, one of her first outings was to the Rincon Room. She loves the people, tolerates the media. Here she is with Stacy and I, she really enjoyed everyone but still rolls her eyes at Tiki. I would quit Tiki today if she said, as I am only a portion of a man without her. (38 years and counting)

I'M the one that got into Tiki and my hubby tolerates it and I thank him "in the usual way" all the time! Ummmm! You smutty thinkers - I meant with a rum drinky! LOL Okay, the other way too! :wink: He actually digs Tiki too and comes up with some pretty awesome ideas.

H

I'm one of the lucky ones, too... Trott gets asked all the time how he feels about getting dragged from one tiki shindig to the next. He says "Really, it's not hard. All I have to do is let her throw a funny shirt on me, someone will stick a great drink in my hand, and I chat with people. What's to complain about?"

So far that mentality is transferring to my taking over a room in the house for a tiki bar. I think he's just happy he doesn't have to figure out how to decorate it.

Of course, in return, I have to tolerate his bizarre music obsessions when they take root. For about a week solid the only music in the house was one song by a Swedish metal band, played over, and over, and over...

B

On 2010-04-12 19:13, Humuhumu wrote:
I'm one of the lucky ones, too... Trott gets asked all the time how he feels about getting dragged from one tiki shindig to the next. He says "Really, it's not hard. All I have to do is let her throw a funny shirt on me, someone will stick a great drink in my hand, and I chat with people. What's to complain about?"

So far that mentality is transferring to my taking over a room in the house for a tiki bar. I think he's just happy he doesn't have to figure out how to decorate it.

Of course, in return, I have to tolerate his bizarre music obsessions when they take root. For about a week solid the only music in the house was one song by a Swedish metal band, played over, and over, and over...

Is it as bad as having to listen to Frank Zappa's Joes Garage with all that stupid whispering and cackling in the background?! They are good to us though - so it's easy to overlook!

P
phinz posted on Mon, Apr 12, 2010 7:43 PM

She's just as happy with it as I am. In fact, she's in the other room buying a KonTiki plate from Bonanzle. :)

Pages: 1 13 replies