Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

San Francisco Tiki Crawl 10?

Pages: 1 36 replies

Is there going to be a Bay Area Tiki Crawl 2010? Planning a trip out west this summer and would love to include this event.

Given that I was blissfully unaware of the previous events, I'm hoping so too. Glancing over at my wife, she says "Hey, I'm the one that dragged you to the Tonga Room" so I guess that makes two. (Modulo babysitting, of course.)

I heard a little birdy said keep a ear open for July.
but not 100% sure.

Jeff(btd)

O
Otto posted on Thu, Apr 15, 2010 11:53 PM

Trader Vic's Emeryville might now be open.
they will close EOD April 30 "for remodeling"

I'll post more info here if I hear about it.

J

Yeah, TV Emeryville will be closing at the end of April and re-opening in September. Don't know how/if that will effect the Tiki Crawl dates.

This gives the crawl planners more time but as someone who was planning to attend Tiki Central's 10th Anniversary crawl I'll say this - If you can't wait for Emeryville to re-open... I'm not crawling. I hope they schedule it around the reopening, I'm sure after being closed for a while they could use a burst of thirsty people like the crawl would give them.

I don't want to speak out of turn here but I'd be up for two crawls. I'm so new to all things tiki what do I know but the more crawling the better in my book. Maybe we could have a Paul Crawl that would include the new and improved Trader Vic's in September or when ever they have their grand reopening.

I need to reiterate that I'm new to this world of tiki so if I've offended anyone I'm sorry. It's just that I'm working on creating the personal need for a liver transplant and I'd like more opportunities to pickle it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

J

On 2010-04-16 10:53, Bora Boris wrote:
I'll say this - If you can't wait for Emeryville to re-open... I'm not crawling.

Well, then, July it is! :P

On 2010-04-16 15:19, JenTiki wrote:

On 2010-04-16 10:53, Bora Boris wrote:
I'll say this - If you can't wait for Emeryville to re-open... I'm not crawling.

Well, then, July it is! :P

Oh Snap!!
:o

MN

I could

The crawl was tentatively scheduled for July, but that's been scrapped due to TV's closing. Think after Oasis sometime.

YAY :lol:

Can you imagine when that "Bullet" train to LA to SF actually comes to fruition?

MT

Stay tuned for an official announcement about the Tiki Crawl! :sheckymug:

L

Every year I say I am going and every year it doesn't happen.

THIS year I am doing it all..Oasis AND the freakin NorCal crawl.

Looking forward to the weekend (whenever it may be) Bill!

MT

Tiki Crawl 10 will definitely be after Tiki Oasis. Well after. I need to touch bases with some folks to confirm some details before I can make an official announcement, but I should be making that announcement soon, hopefully some time next week. Stay tuned!!!

I'm in too. I don't care if I'm having a baby. Fetal alcohol syndrome be damned. I'm going... Oh, wait, I'm a dude and last time I checked dudes can't get pregnant. Well, I'm still going.

Any news on this event? I'm gonna be up there all of August and need something to do!

Can't wait to enjoy another Nor Cal tiki event and get to know more of the "local" ohana!

Ahhhh. At last. Milly and I are in. See you all there.

[ Edited by: metikiman1705 2010-08-06 13:20 ]

S

When, when, when, when, when?

Mai Tai, what're the dates? Inquiring minds need to plan.

I talked to Mai Tai at Oasis and the plan is to have it open after Trader Vics Emeryville opens. I would say the money is on the event happening sometime in October. Trader Vic's Emeryville is due to open late September.

MT

Just like Mr. Smiley said, I am waiting for Trader Vic's Emeryville to reopen. I have been making phone calls all week to various parties involved, including the good folks at Trader Vic's corporate offices - as of right now they still don't have an official open date for the Emeryville location. Due to various factors, like giving them time to pass all inspections, etc, plus trying to coordinate with other folks, it looks like the Tiki Crawl will fall somewhere in the range between late October and Mid November, and most likely either the first or second weekend of November. I wish I could give more information than that, but that's all I have to work with right now. More details will soon follow as new information unfolds. Stay tuned!

Mai Tai,
That's great news. Early November will be perfect for me as TikiBob will likely be out here. Looking forward to some good times.

L

If it ends up being in November that totally works. It seems like the next 2 months there is a lot going on...nice to have something to look forward to before the ulcer of the holiday season takes over :)

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop Bill!

Trader Vics opens in 11 more days!

They have a count down clock.
(We'll see)

Website

CL

The countdown clock may not be accurate. They ran into permit and inspection issues that created a further delay. It's getting close though. :)

A

I want to go! Will everyone wear a mask? How will I recognize any of you?

Sorry if I hijack this thread:
Just getting antsy for the crawl.

Here is a great song/video, sang by a great singer, about a great city,
AND with Hula Dancers!!!

Tony Bennett - I left my heart in San Francisco

That sounds like a good range of dates for me being around. Schibbie!

L

There seems to be lots happening over the next few weeks...any ideas on exact dates?

Mai Tai will be updating in the near future.

C

any news? date?

Bump

I think 2010 is past,
but I'm not positive.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 36 replies