Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 4-14-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webcasting/webcast.htm

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: April 14, 2010

1. “Baxter Pad” by Andy Nazzal From the CD: The Exoticating Waves of Tiki Joe’s Ocean

2. “Atlantis” by Les Baxter From his 1953 LP: Kaleidoscope, From the CD: Ultra-Lounge Mondo Exotica – Mysterious Melodies & Tropical Tiki Tunes

3. “Caravan” From the collection: Taboo -- The Greatest Hits of Arthur Lyman/The Sensual Sounds of Exotica, Recorded at the Henry J. Kaiser Aluminum Geodesic Dome, Honolulu

4. “Ouanaiao” by the Waitiki 7 from the CD: Adventures in Paradise

5. “You Are Beautiful” from the live recording: Don Ho Again!

6. “Tinfoil Hats” by Don Tiki from his latest CD: South of the Boudoir

7. “Chinese Pirate” by Kava Kon from their CD: Departure Exotica

8. “Yellow Birds” Nani Wolfgramm & His Islanders from the CD: Polynesian Girl -- The Seductive Sounds of Hawaii

9. “My Little Grass Shack” From the 1960 LP: Ports of Paradise by Ken Darby & Alfred Newman with vocals by Mavis Rivers, mother of Matt Catingub a/k/a King Copa)

10. “Yacka Hula Hickey Dula” by Felix Mendelsohn and His Hawaiian Serenaders (vocal by George Barclay)

11. “Ku’u Lei/My Wreath of Flowers” performed by Cyril Pahinui & Bob Brozman From the CD: Rough Guide to the Music of Hawaii – Slide and Slack Key Surfing Sounds

12. “Hula Girl” by Sol Hoopii’s Quartet From the collection: Hawaiian Steel Guitar Classics – Historic Recordings 1927-1938 [From 1934]

13. “Sophisticated Hula” From the CD: The Essential Resophonics, Volume I/Evening in the Islands

14. “He’eia” by HAPA From the collection: Hawaii – Music From the Islands of Aloha

15. Medley of “Smiles” & “When You’re Smilin’” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack/Hawaiian Swing With vocals by Matt Catingub & Linda Harman]

Pages: 1 0 replies