Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

"Friki Tiki" pontoon boat bar top

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hey whats goin on. I'm almost finished with the bar top for my Friki Tiki pontoon boat, which is essentially a floating Tiki Bar/Lounge. It's all handcrafted. Ripped a 4x8 sheet of furniture grade plywood into a 3x8 section, save the 1' excess for the top shelf. Stained the entire bar, carved the lower trim by hand, built a liquor bottle rack, covered that in ostrich skin and trimmed the whole rack in bamboo, drew the logo on the bar and pistols and carved them, trimmed the sink and top shelf supports in bamboo, everything was stained and cleared. The stainless bucket will be my ice bucket, the dark brown container is for bar utensils, and im building a box to enclose the lower part of the blender to ensure safe traveling in rough water. I've also built a bar cabinet for the bar to hold glasses and other bar related items. Here are a couple pictures of the bar top. Also drew and carved a little bar sign to hang above the bar on a couple little chains. Hope you enjoy!

And here is a picture of my old boat to give you an idea of what this bar is going on. The new boat will be similiar.

I'm gonna try to take some more pictures tonight, hopefully a few of the bar cabinet if I can get it trimmed out.

That looks fantastic! Truly...awesome craftsmanship. And I love the boat! Hmm...maybe my bowrider needs an overhaul this winter :wink:

You're calling it a Tiki bar, you named it the Friki Tiki... so...where are the Tikis?

The Tiki's are getting ready to be carved this afternoon. I'm planning on using 4x4 posts and a hand grinder with a cutting wheel. I would love 2 large tiki statues, I just can't convince myself to put something that heavy on my boat, when i could have something alot more "interactive" on board, such as sorority girls and lake rats alike. But hopefully my little 3' tiki statues turn out ok. We will find out i reckon. Also, here's another pic of the cabinet i built, trimmed with bamboo and a little strip of ostrich skin in between the doors. Sorry for the low picture quality, my camera has become very elusive as of lately.

And here is a shot of the outdoor berber carpet and freshly painted rails (which will be covered in large bamboo)

And here are a couple pictures of the bar I built for the First Friki Tiki. I made 3 of the 4 sides bamboo liqour bottle racks, a sink, and a little display stand for a few liqour bottles. My First attempt at a bar so be kind. There are a couple tables i also built and covered in plexiglass with a few cupholders.

And of course, a few action shots of these lovely Old Hickory Lake Rats

And of course this year, the new Friki Tiki will be a step above. Hopefully I'll find my camera to take some more shots of the progress.

Here ya go Hakalugi, my 7" Tiki Man thingamajig. I'm Legit!

TZ

I would invite you up to Barren River Lake in KY, but we would have Water Patrol all over us in an instant!

Haha I hear ya. The first time I ever took the original Friki Tiki out I literally kicked the boat off the dock, lifted my leg back over the boat with my hand on the steering wheel and was stopped by the Coast Guard. I never even got to put the boat in gear. The thing about being in a boat that is this noticeable is to be legal. I had every peice of paper, every safety device required, sober driver, and they couldnt do anything but harass us. And harass they did. But it's just like everything else, eventually the law gets to know you and realizes your just out kickin it not causin trouble. You'll have to make your way to old hickory lake to the famous "2 Foot", 5-600 boats packed in about a 50 yard square sized cove that is 2' deep the whole way across.

Pages: 1 6 replies