Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Beachbum Berry's Tiki+ Iphone app no longer available through Itunes

Pages: 1 14 replies

So this past week I finally got an iphone, and one of the very first things I went looking for was Tiki+ - unfortunately the programmer for the app has gotten a job at Apple and has divested himself of all involvement. His other (excellent so I've heard) application, Cocktails+ is still available, but Tiki+ is nowhere to be found. I hope it is returned soon, as I would love to purchase it, but I fear for the worst.

Chris

I heard that he was revamping it with receipes from Remixed. May just be a rumor though.

R

On 2010-04-20 15:31, Kona Chris wrote:
I hope it is returned soon, as I would love to purchase it, but I fear for the worst.

Cocktail+ (the classic cocktail version of Tiki+) was aquired by Inductive Spaces and re-released (as far as I can tell) as an iPad only app Drink-a-Dex.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drink-a-dex/id364612876?mt=8

You could try contacting them and see if they also aquired Tiki+ and have any plans to re-release them.

The iPad would be great for a home bar but having them in the phone is nice for portability, hopefully this (or both of them if Tiki+ is rolled in or re-released) will end up as iPhone/iPad combo apps.

On 2010-04-22 15:28, rangda wrote:

On 2010-04-20 15:31, Kona Chris wrote:
I hope it is returned soon, as I would love to purchase it, but I fear for the worst.

Cocktail+ (the classic cocktail version of Tiki+) was aquired by Inductive Spaces and re-released (as far as I can tell) as an iPad only app Drink-a-Dex.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drink-a-dex/id364612876?mt=8

You could try contacting them and see if they also aquired Tiki+ and have any plans to re-release them.

The iPad would be great for a home bar but having them in the phone is nice for portability, hopefully this (or both of them if Tiki+ is rolled in or re-released) will end up as iPhone/iPad combo apps.

I searched for Skorpiostech on the App store and found Cocktails+ but no Tiki+
If you go to http://blog.skorpiostech.com/ it would appear Tiki+ is history... Bummer

Stay tuned.

Tiki+ was acquired by Martin Doudoroff LLC. They're planning on relaunching it soon.

S

Good news, this fine app is getting an iPad update.

http://beachbumberry.com/tiki-app/

Good news, indeed!

fingers crossed that there will be an Android version too.

Im so glad I downloaded Tiki+ before it became unavailable, but I have written the app owner and said that they need to get it back out ASAP. I was telling people about it on the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast and was very disappointed to hear you cannot get it right now. If more of us send emails we may be able to get both the iPad version and iPhone version. I can't tell you how many times I have opened up the app while podcasting and used it as reference or emailed someone one of the drink recipes from it.

They already announced that a revision was coming once they added iPad compatibility so I don't see much point in lobbying them about it.

T

Mr. Berry indicated to me that the Tiki+ app is back in Apple's hands and just waiting for approval. It now includes an iPad version, but he wasn't sure whether it included the ability to suggest drinks based on what's on your liquor cabinet (a la Grogalizer). I appreciate the website, but this functionality really should be included in the app. It's my favorite feature of the Mixologist app.

A

Yeah, that's nice and everything, but when's the Android app version coming out?

T

Email him and ask. He's got a link on his website to contact him.

KC

Great news! Thanks for the updates on this. I'm still waiting to be able to get it, although I too have switched to android in the meantime. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be re-developed so I can have it with me all the time.

It's now available on the App store!

Pages: 1 14 replies