Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls, opening for Ron Emory (TSOL) this FRIDAY (new 'hula girls' dancer announced w/ pic!)

Pages: 1 33 replies

THE BLUE CAFE, SUNSET BEACH, CA at PCH and Warner
Friday, May 7, 2010 at 9:00pm

After working with TSOL's Ron Emory on the artwork for his debut solo release, he asked me and The Hula Girls to come perform at his CD release party.
We are super honored to be opening for this legendary punk rock guitarist. I've heard a lot of the rough tracks from the album, and the songs are really, really good. Maybe some of the guests that appear on his record will show up to sit in with him... Mike Ness? Dexter Holland? Tim Armstrong? Johnny Ray Bartel? Mark McGrath (yeah, I know...)? There should be lots of OC punk rock royalty there too. Guys from the Crowd said that they were going... Guys from The Cadillac Tramps said they were going.... Should be a night to remember.

Now I just have to work up a hulabilly version of 'Code Blue'!
Tickets are 10 bones.... And gonna be worth every penny.

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-04-28 11:54 ]

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-05-05 23:02 ]

Very cool!!

I will probably be there.

Jeff(btd)

The Blue Cafe in Long Beach is at 217 Pine Ave

Get there early to get parking. Downtown Long Beach gets crowded on the weekends.

Thanks! I forgot the address on my post! They moved locations since the last time we played there, so keep that in mind!

Sounds like a great time all the way around. Here's a link to Ron's site:
http://www.ronemory.com/www.ronemory.com/Ron_Emory.html

No mention of vinyl though, only cd. Bummer. I hope they press is it up.

This WILL sell out! Get your tickets asap!

TM

This will be huge. Absolutely huge.

If you were around the socal punk scene back in the day (which I was) you need to be here for this!

If not, you are just gonna wish you had!

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor
http://www.myspace.com/thesmokinmenehunes
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-04-22 17:12 ]

"President Reagan can shove it!"

Once had a band called "The Victims of Reaganomics"

J

On 2010-04-22 17:12, lucas vigor wrote:

If you were around the socal punk scene back in the day (which I was) you need to be here for this!

Lucas, you were a Punker ?? Now I can understand why you hate hippies so much.

That and hes jealous of their hair.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

TM

On 2010-04-22 21:18, JOHN-O wrote:

On 2010-04-22 17:12, lucas vigor wrote:

Lucas, you were a Punker ?? Now I can understand why you hate hippies so much.

I was always into a lot of different music, but yeah, we always looked down on what we called "dirtheads" back then. But it was more the appearance and attitude then anything else that we did not like. But I liked AC/DC at the same time that I liked Black Flag. I was in high school '79 to '83..the golden years!

Do it!!! seriously!!!! I love it when bands of one genre cover songs from another genre. I think you guys would do a killer version! AND he would get a kick out of it for sure!

Do it!!! seriously!!!! I love it when bands of one genre cover songs from another genre. I think you guys would do a killer version! AND he would get a kick out of it for sure!

The show is NEXT FRIDAY! Get your pre-sale tickets now, if you are planning on going. This WILL sell out.
By the way, The Hula Girls, have some new 'hula girls' dancing with us on stage for this show. Good stuff!

The show has moved to the Sunset Beach location of the Blue Cafe. It's right at the corner of Warner & PCH. Come to the show, swing by Don the Beachcomers for a rum barrel afterwards...!

Even better!

HELLZ YEAH!!!!!

Jeff(btd)

I am going to try my best to be there!! If I don't get any work on that day I will be there!!! Sounds like a great gig!! I am a big fan of Variety when it comes to music!! I wish there were more shows with different musical genres. Besides I haven't seen The Hula Girls in a while!!! Great Job Dudes!!

This just in... Jonny "2 Bags" Wickersham, from Social Distortion, will be playing in Ron Emory's band....

THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be there for this.

Jeff(btd)

Killer Jeff!

Here's a quick video put together by Hurley. It's my buddy, Davey, interviewing Ron Emory about the album that he's releasing at the show on Friday.
http://www.hurley.com/index.cfm
Click the surfer to go to our 'site' then scroll down to the Ron Emory interview as seen in the image below.

it's gone missin... (das video)

p.s. will see you there. this time we have tics in hand!

Awesome, Ben! That video should be on the Hurley website somewhere... Try looking in the 'music' section...

By the way.... The Hula Girls would like to welcome our newest 'hula girl' to join us on stage at The Blue Cafe, THIS Friday night! Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Elizabeth! Come see her shimmy and shake on Friday!

Friday Nights all right for fighting?
ok so I'm a day off.

who's gonna help me start a pit for Hula Girls?
:o

who's up for Dons after?
its just up PCH 1 mile or so.

Jeff(btd)

TONIGHT!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the show tonight! What a blast! And what a turn out!! Joe Escalante was there, Dexter from the Offspring, Johnny Ray from the Knitters, Duane Peters, Mike Roach and Jack Grissom from TSOL. Albeit, not there to see The Hula Girls, but they ended up seeing us anyway. Good times. Thanks again, and goodnight!

TM

Jeff Ho was there!

R

Great show last night, guys. The Hula Girls rocked it!

I like Punk, but am not a huge follower of the scene.
I am bummed I missed the show(wasn't feelin well last night)
but had I gone I could have stood next to those guys and not even known who they were.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-05-08 01:53, Luckydesigns wrote:
Thanks to everyone who came out to the show tonight! What a blast! And what a turn out!! Joe Escalante was there, Dexter from the Offspring, Johnny Ray from the Knitters, Duane Peters, Mike Roach and Jack Grissom from TSOL. Albeit, not there to see The Hula Girls, but they ended up seeing us anyway. Good times. Thanks again, and goodnight!

MB

On 2010-05-08 01:53, Luckydesigns wrote:

Wow! Grissom and Grisham were there! A few more old salts were hanging back in our corner that you guys probably didn't even know/recognize. Classic. Good show.

I heart Spike. :)

Damn I got my wires crossed and missed this, I am sure this was an epic event .

Pages: 1 33 replies