Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki beachball and more...

Pages: 1 8 replies

E

I found vinyl blow-up tiki beach balls at Joann Fabrics of all places. These are not to be confused with the blow-up tiki beach dolls that some of you may own.

Anyways, they have a bamboo patterned background with exotic drinks printed on them and a sign that says TIKI LOUNGE EXOTIC COCKTAILS on it. A fun little item at a cheap price.

The same store also has some really cool candles that are shaped like those old colorful candle holders like you'd see in a vintage italian restaurant (pear shaped). They have different designs, but the one of interest is green with a metal liner that has cutout palm trees. You insert a little tea light and the palm tree comes to life and does its own palm tree sway. Creates a soft, glowing lighting effect for your cocktail tables or whatever. I love mine, and I'm going back to get another.

E
Erika posted on Sun, May 4, 2003 8:22 AM

Was this at a regular (small) Jo-Ann Fabrics store, or the big "Jo-Ann Etc." type of store?

Thanks for the tip, by the way.

Erika

E

Hi, Erika! It was a small one. I photographed the palm tree candle holders. I should upload them.

E

Ok, here's the candle holders. Imagine them softly glowing and moving. Nice, eh? I got them at 50% off so for the two of them they were $7.

Sadly, I did not photograph the tiki beach ball. It's half inflated and lying around looking kinda limp and not looking so photogenic. I ought to finish blowing it up...

E

Ok, here's the candle holders. Imagine them softly glowing and moving. Nice, eh? I got them at 50% off so for the two of them they were $7.

Sadly, I did not photograph the tiki beach ball. It's half inflated and lying around looking kinda limp and not looking so photogenic. I ought to finish blowing it up...

W

I saw the Tiki Lounge beach ball but didn't want to admit I was a Joann's (though a few of you already know about my cross stitch habbit). It's a good graphic and actually has some Tiki mugs on it. Seen at Michael's: Some Tiki fridge magnets...Rectangular magnets with Shag-esque Tiki work on them. 4 or 5 designs, 3 bucks each.

D

Thanks! Got one of those beach balls yesterday. It took me several times walk abouts to find it but I'm glad. didn't see the candle. They had some other styles but no palm trees. Also have those magnets also from Michaels. I mentioned those earlier in a post before. I think I got 3 different ones. Found some cool stamps from Joann's that were Hawaiian. I think the set was 16.99 with 40% off that. It had a hula girl, palm tree, flip flops, pineapple, lei, aloha, and one stamp saying wicked wahine but no tiki's. Can someone mention again were they have found some cool tiki stamps.

Those ballz worked real good...seeing them in action at Tiki Oasis 3. These are like some of the ones that Bax brought right?

Was this just your local Joanne's? Anyone know if they're all carrying them?

Pages: 1 8 replies