Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Choice, tonight at Father's in Tustin/Santa Ana

Pages: 1 5 replies

My 80's rock band, re-united at Father's bar in Santa Ana/Tustin (Near the intersection of 17th and Tustin ave.)

Probably be playing some Neil Young, Joe Jackson, Police, Elvis Costello and a few originals.....8 to 10 PM.

so you going to that?

TM

Well, um, yeah.... i am kinda in the band, so I should probably show up, ya think? If anyone comes tonight, they will be in for a suprise as I will be playing bass in the style I use to be known for: All over the fretboard! They use to call me "rubberneck", and for a really good reason. Bring your helmet!

W

"If anyone comes tonight, they will be in for a suprise as I will be playing bass in the style I use to be known for: All over the fretboard!"

But what if no one comes? Will there be no surprises?

TM

On 2010-04-24 14:35, woofmutt wrote:
"If anyone comes tonight, they will be in for a suprise as I will be playing bass in the style I use to be known for: All over the fretboard!"

But what if no one comes? Will there be no surprises?

I meant, if anyone from Tiki Central comes.....generally, I don't play a flashy style at all when I play with the Smokin' menehunes or the Hula Girls...I play very conservatively and economically...just what the song requires and not a drop more...but tonight I will be beating my bass practically to death, and probably playing in the style of Entwhistle, John Wetton, Geddy lee and Chris Squire all night long. And I guess part of the suprise is that our high school drummer, Damon Kelly Heard will be playing...and that's something to see! The man is probably one of the most amazing drummers you have never heard of. A great mixture of Bill Bruford, Stewart Copeland, Neil Peart and Alex Van Halen!

As for people being there...oh, I bet the usual boozed up towneys will be at Father's, (where they normally are) and probably a bunch of people I went to high school with.

But Woof, if YOU are there, and I am there...does that mean that there will only be ONE of us actually there??

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-04-24 15:00 ]

TM

I actually found a youtube I did not know existed for one of our songs. I am guessing this was recorded a long time ago, maybe 7-8 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmSm_M803QA

Pages: 1 5 replies